I've seen many thread with the rumbling/noisy tyres issue on here - I even started my own thread!

I think I have conclusive evidence of the cause - and it is down to Bridgestone tyres which I beleive are what are fitted when the Veccy leaves the factory.

I swapped over my rear Bridgestones with the from Michelins the other day and immediately I noticed a difference. The road noise increase substantially but appeard not to be coming from the rear but from all around. I could feel a vibration from the accelerator pedal and from the foot rest. Very uncomfortable.

While I was changing the tyres I notices that some of the blocks on the inner shoulder of the Bridgestone has marks reminiscent of perishing rubber, and also that they were slightly raised by about 1mm or so. Because of this they had picked up the light sand-dust colour from the base of my garage so that the height problem was even more obvious. See below the bridgestone with the suspect blocks marked:

For comparison the tread of the Michelin (completely even):

Can anyone else confirm they have the same symptoms and this perhaps can be put to rest as the final solution to this problem. Needless to say I'll be getting some replacement tyres as the idea that only a few of those blocks are properly in contact with the road is a bit un-nerving!