Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vecta 1.8 Missfire....HELP!!!

Hi guys,

I have got a 53 plate Vectra 1.8 Dualfuel.
    I use the car as a taxi and it covers around 1000 miles a week on average.
    I do look after it and maintain it on a very regular basis.
    5000 miles ago I changed the spark plugs during a routine service. About a week later the engine mangement light came on and it came up as Cylinder 2 missfire. I changed the plugs again incase it was a faulty plug and obviously the cheapest option.
    This didnt fix it so I bought a coil pack and that sorted the problem.
    Since fitting the coil pack the car has done about 5000 miles and now it is missfiring again. I have plugged it in and this time it says cylinder 4 missfire.
    The missfire clears after 2500rpm though

Help guys!!!
    where do I start?...Swap the plugs around to see if the missfire moves on to another cylinder?
    Buy another Coil pack?
    Or...do you think it could be something a little more serious such as a burnt out valve or similar?

Any help would be much appreciated. Im still driving the car because I have to but Im worried that im gonna cause more damaage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i doubt it's a burnt out valve...

was there any sign of an error on the crank or cam shaft sensor??.. if they are giving correct timing signals it could just be a duff coilpack.. was it new ?.. was it genuine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
    To be honest I bought non genuine coil pack. It cos £48 compared to £135 from my local vauxhall dealer. I got a feeling it could be a case of you get what you pay for....by cheap by twice and all that!

I have just bought some genuine quad plugs from vauxhall which I am going to try first. If that doesnt fix it then i will replace the coil pack again.

Will keep you upto date!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi all

I changed the spark plugs today and I still have the misfire.
    I have spoke to the company who supplied the coil pack and they said if the pack is faulty they will replace it free of charge so that could be my next option.

I plugged it into the microscanner and put it on "live data" the mass air flow reading was 10.115 and stayed at that whilst I was driving. Should that figure go up and down when the car is being driven?
    My mate has got an identical car so i thought i might plug his in tomorrow and see what his air flow meter reading is....am i barking up the wrong tree or could the air flow meter cause the missfire?

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

cheers
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes it should!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is it a problem with the LPG system, is the fault there when switched to petrol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a dual fuel system vectra, i have had the light come up twice, after which new sparks where fitted, so far no problems, but noticed it happens when gas is very low. Btw how many miles are you getting for full tank of gas, say 43-44litrs. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hello i also have a 2002 vectra c 1.8 dual fuel and i have been having problems with misfire and a general lack of power then lots of power, i have ngk bkr6eix-lpg spark plugs fitted.
    first time it was just now an then until one day it got very bad and started coughing down the street, it was still there when i switched the lpg off. in fact the lpg switched itself off.
    the fault reader said it was in cylinder four i think, so we changed the coil pack and changed the spark plugs around. everything was great for a while until it started very slightly and slowly to get worse, not as bad as before but still the engine management light came on eventually
    so we changed the coil pack again and the spark plugs also. this time things were just the same, i do have a ticking noise from one of the injectors from the lpg and that has been there for along time now.
    i am now going mad as i do not know what to try next, having the lpg is a nightmare when things like this happen. trying to deduct the cause of the problem is difficult enough without the lpg. Can a faulty injector damage a coil pack . could it be a fault with the ECU . would the tech 2 reveal more detailed results. oh by the way i get around 300 mile on a 60 liter tank which holds around 54 liters, more if on the motorway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you could try the crankshaft sensor . on previous cars had this prob and got a code up for crankshaft then i changed it and it worked

Thread Information