0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No of Posts

Why is the number of posts by individual members not displayed, It seems to be on the other forums im a member of.

Do you think this should be added to this forum?

Opinions please!!

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's not really important...

The title are there for a bit of fun and give an indication of how long someone has been around and how often they post...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    Because it's not really important...

The title are there for a bit of fun and give an indication of how long someone has been around and how often they post...
    Its not important quite rightly said, its not important on any other forum either but most of them do post up individual posts.

So .... opinions

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it encourages people to post more discriminantely (?) instead of random rubbish just to get their post count up. With no idea of how many they've done, they can't tell how long to go till the next level, so they're more inclined to simply sit back and post as and when they have something meaningful to say... ish...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not important to me, I like not knowing how many posts it takes to reach next level. You could have a thousand posts but it's no good if you've got nothing to talk about or input into this site. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it encourages people to post more discriminantely (?) instead of random rubbish just to get their post count up. With no idea of how many they've done, they can't tell how long to go till the next level, so they're more inclined to simply sit back and post as and when they have something meaningful to say... ish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie69 View Post
    it's not important to me, I like not knowing how many posts it takes to reach next level. You could have a thousand posts but it's no good if you've got nothing to talk about or input into this site. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
    What they both said.

That's exactly why we made the decision to have the post count hidden from the start, and have it so that only the User Titles were visible. The number of times on other forums you see people posting a bunch of irrelevant posts as they get close to their next 'landmark' post count, just to get there quicker, made us decide to simply have it that the User Titles were the only thing visible, and so when they changed it was a nice surprise for the member.

I actually had an e-mail/PM ages ago from an Admin on Vectra Sport, asking me what it was he needed to change in the code to do what we'd done on here, as they were fed up of people doing that very thing - spamming just to up their visible post count. I obliged with the info, but I don't think it ever got implemented in the end - for whatever reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pants!

When they changed the rules here, i went from exterme something or other to learner driver again. and i was p155ed.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you're referring to is when had a rejig of sections and some sections no longer counted towards the post count - specifically the general chat section, so yes people post count dropped - but then we added the Off Topic section and reinstated the General chat section and moved some of those threads over to the OT section, so some people's count would have then gone back up again as the remaining posts inthe General Chat section would count again.

BTW - there's no way you would have gone from Extreme to Learner Driver! Put it this way, if you had you'd have been posting a huuuuuge number of posts in the General Chat section and nowhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    What you're referring to is when had a rejig of sections and some sections no longer counted towards the post count - specifically the general chat section, so yes people post count dropped - but then we added the Off Topic section and reinstated the General chat section and moved some of those threads over to the OT section, so some people's count would have then gone back up again as the remaining posts inthe General Chat section would count again.

BTW - there's no way you would have gone from Extreme to Learner Driver! Put it this way, if you had you'd have been posting a huuuuuge number of posts in the General Chat section and nowhere else.
    to be honest D i don't really care. i'm not on here to have a fancy title. i enjoy the chat. i think the forum is great. anyway, in MY bubble, i'm a God...... (ps i think i was an enthusiastic something, not extreme poster, that just wishful thinking!!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stusdc View Post
    to be honest D i don't really care. i'm not on here to have a fancy title. i enjoy the chat.
    I wasn't thinking you were 'having a go' or anything of the sort BTW, just in case my reply possibly made you think that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stusdc View Post
    ... in MY bubble, i'm a God...... (ps i think i was an enthusiastic something, not extreme poster, that just wishful thinking!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information