User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitted Full Set of Front Bulbs today, but at personal cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fitted Full Set of Front Bulbs today, but at personal cost.

Finally got round to replacing my front bulbs today but not without a few cuts and bruises.
    Fitted Philips Xtreme Power +90% to the dipped so hopefully they may improve things a little.
    Also fitted Philips VisionPlus +50% to the main beams, and also Philips xenons to the sidelights.
    I also ordered a pair of Philips BlueVision Ultra's but decided that the VisionPlus may give the better light.
    I can confirm that the bulb types for Facelifts from Sept 2005 are H7 for dipped and H1 for the main beams. Note. Philips Premium bulbs are fitted as standard, though I noticed that the dipped had Osram lamps in there.
    Last week I rang a main VX dealer to check the bulb types and they assured me that later facelifts use H7 for both dipped and main beam... they were WRONG, fortunately a few guys on here put me right before I ordered them... thanks guys.
    The passenger side is easy once the washer filler is popped out, but the drivers side is really awkward, but I managed to change them all by just removing the top of the airbox, the drivers sidelight is the awkward... just need smaller hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ouch. Let us know if it was worth the effort once it gets dark.

The worst I have done was whilst messing around with a radio I cut myself on the cage. I covered everything in blood before noticing where it had come from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Night time pics are a must. Strongly looking at that bulb combination myself so let us know if its better than the standard (none existant) light.

Detritus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It looked a lot worse before the wife cleaned it up a bit, I always bleed a lot at the slightest nick and bruise easily anyway due to the blood thinning medication I have to take, and I'm not getting any younger either. Still... jobs a good-un. As you say... Just hope I can see a little improvement, I'll take it for a short run when it gets dark, the replacements did look a touch brighter when compared with the side I had not done.

I only ordered the extra set of BlueVisions because they came with the sidelight bulbs, but on reading, users state that the VisionPlus are a little brighter which is why I used those instead. My mainbeam was actually quite good anyway, but the dipped lights were sh*te even after the VX dealer raised them a little for me, mine was originally set way too low even on the highest switch setting. TBH I may have bought a hid kit if they had been 100% legal.

I just wish VX had not stopped fitting the quick change over lever for driving on the right, as we travel over to France quite a lot and its a pain keep putting on EuroLites every few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just took it for a spin over the downs, and the difference is quite noticable, not as much as they claim of course, but I would say both dip and main beam are about 20% brighter, and probably more than that for the dipped which is good as that was crap before. It looks a much whiter light with better spread, occasionally I noticed the dipped lights have a very slight blue tinge at the outer edges of the spread, these are the H7 Philips +90% Xtreme Power lamps. I wonder why Philips dont do these in H1 bulbs, however the H1 +50% VisionPlus in the main beams are pretty bright so no complaints from me.
    Certainly a better night driving experience. Just wish I'd changed them sooner, and yes I think it was worth a few hand scrapes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design LPG

Engine : 1.8 vvt

Year : 2008

Mileage : 196,000+

IMO, you would be better off with an h.i.d kit. I fitted an M tec kit 12 mths ago, I,ve never changed a bulb in over 45k miles and the difference is amazing. Its been through two cab tests, and believe me, if you can satisfy those guys you'll get no sh!t from anyone else! Go for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Philips Xtreme claim an 80% improvement, not 90%. And remember that Vectra h/lights have poor performance, other cars respond better to these enhanced bulbs. The H1 bulb has too small an envelope for Philips to produce an Xtreme version of, or so says their UK HQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

take the air box out mate no cuts or nothing take 5 mins to take out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I personally recommend the Philips Diamondvision bulbs - they are possibly the nearest normal bulb to true Xenon. Mine are now on the 4th motor after the vectra - so unlike the HID kits is changable from car to car!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design LPG

Engine : 1.8 vvt

Year : 2008

Mileage : 196,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I personally recommend the Philips Diamondvision bulbs - they are possibly the nearest normal bulb to true Xenon. Mine are now on the 4th motor after the vectra - so unlike the HID kits is changable from car to car!!!!
    Dont know what makes you say hid kits cant be changed to another car, just taken mine from my 53 reg & reinstalled in my 55 reg, took about 20 mins longer than changing just the bulbs. Also, if you've had the same conventional bulbs in 5 cars you cant go out in the dark much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information