Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy Electric Window Problem

Hi all.

I bought a 02 Reg Vectra C about 3 months ago and since then can only control the windows from the Drivers door panel. It has been into a garage a couple of times and they have now said that they cannot get it to work as the coding on the modules does nto match (what ever that means). All they can do is wait until they get a similar car in and copy the coding from that. They have been on to Vauxhall who have told them the same thing.

Am I going mad? Surely it should just work?

Apparently the problem is down to the Passenger door module having the Central Locking and Boot controls onit as well as the Pasenger window control.

Anyone have any ideas or any similar issues?

Thanks

Trev

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like complete tosh to me! Coding doesn't match on the modules?!! The likely reason is that the passenger door window switch is knackered/dirty. Often all that is needed is to part disassemble the rocker switch and give it a good squirt with contact cleaner and off you go. Worst case is that they've worn so a new switch is needed.

Do the unlock buttons on the passenger side work? If they do, that would definitely disprove any 'theory' about 'mismatched coding'.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Sounds like complete tosh to me! Coding doesn't match on the modules?!! The likely reason is that the passenger door window switch is knackered/dirty. Often all that is needed is to part disassemble the rocker switch and give it a good squirt with contact cleaner and off you go. Worst case is that they've worn so a new switch is needed.

Do the unlock buttons on the passenger side work? If they do, that would definitely disprove any 'theory' about 'mismatched coding'.
    Sorry, probably didn't explain myself very well.
    Only the Driver's door controls work, not Passenger or Back doors. They have told me that the Passenger unit not being recognised is knocking out the back doors as well.

None of the buttons work (I'm not that bothered about the Central Locking and Boot on the passenger door), only the Driver's door controls.

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ah, right - that extra info helps.

It does sound like it could be an issue with a door module then, but exactly what is difficult to say. Not too sure about the coding mismatch thing, but if Plasma sees this thread then he may have some input as he's had a fair bit of experience with them with mods he's done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks, I will wait for Plasma

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by TrevF View Post
    Sorry, probably didn't explain myself very well.
    Only the Driver's door controls work, not Passenger or Back doors. They have told me that the Passenger unit not being recognised is knocking out the back doors as well.

None of the buttons work (I'm not that bothered about the Central Locking and Boot on the passenger door), only the Driver's door controls.
    Does the switch on the driver's door operate windows on other doors (passenger door/rear doors)?
    Does the remote key lock/unlock the passenger door?
    What about using the remote key to raise and lower the windows - does that work (on all windows)?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Sorry took me a while to respond.. do as stevedee3 above says and come back with your results, will give us more info to go on. Dunno what they mean by lost the coding? there is firmware on the door module which can be updated. they could have reset it and lost the firmware but their tech2 would be able to put it back on again. also there are variant config options (ie which items you have fitted like folding mirrors, heated glass, etc etc)which can be set/unset but if they've wiped them it will automatically try to copy it from the drivers door module... So not sure on what they've done/lost. The back doors dont work off of the modules (the windows dont at least) at all, they work via the rear electrical centre and body control module so cant see how the passenger door module would stop it working. Get back to us with the results of the tests.

If you get down to Harry's meet I'll try my utmost to get there and can have a proper look for you and even bring a spare module.

http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=55727

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

trev, i will have a look in my "stash" of vec-c switches and see if i have one for the pass door front 4 u..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stevedee3 View Post
    Does the switch on the driver's door operate windows on other doors (passenger door/rear doors)?
    Does the remote key lock/unlock the passenger door?
    What about using the remote key to raise and lower the windows - does that work (on all windows)?
    Thanks for the reply. Here goes: Does the switch on the driver's door operate windows on other doors (passenger door/rear doors)? Yes, this controls all windows, central locking and boot. Does the remote key lock/unlock the passenger door? Yep What about using the remote key to raise and lower the windows - does that work (on all windows)? It does indeed. Hope this helps. Trev

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    Sorry took me a while to respond.. do as stevedee3 above says and come back with your results, will give us more info to go on. Dunno what they mean by lost the coding? there is firmware on the door module which can be updated. they could have reset it and lost the firmware but their tech2 would be able to put it back on again. also there are variant config options (ie which items you have fitted like folding mirrors, heated glass, etc etc)which can be set/unset but if they've wiped them it will automatically try to copy it from the drivers door module... So not sure on what they've done/lost. The back doors dont work off of the modules (the windows dont at least) at all, they work via the rear electrical centre and body control module so cant see how the passenger door module would stop it working. Get back to us with the results of the tests.

If you get down to Harry's meet I'll try my utmost to get there and can have a proper look for you and even bring a spare module.

http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=55727
    Took me a while to catch up too, don't worry, and thanks for taking the time. I've replied to Stevedee3 (above) Based on the what they ahve told me they changed a module on the car before I brought it, this had something to do with the immobiliser not disengaging. They referred to it as an ECU, but based on whaq I have read this may have been the body control module. When I got the car all seemed OK initially, but quite soon (i.e. as soon as my wife got in and tried to open the windows), we found that the Passenger controls did not work. I then tried the rear window sontrols and these did not work either. Some more tests showed that the Alarm, Horn and double locking were not working and the Remote Window control only operated the Driver's window. They took the car back to reprogram it and fixed everything apart from the Window controls. The guy told me that the module did not recognise the passenger door unit. I was then given some speil about there being problems with the ECU (or body control module?) on original Vectra C's and there being some 8 different revisions since then. Apparently in all of these revisions my particular configuration has been lost. They need a similay Vectra to get the coding off of! To me this sounds like a load of tosh, but I'm a computer expert, not a car wiz! Hope this makes some sense to you. Thanks for the offer, very kind of you, but I don't think I'll be able to make the meet. Trev

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information