Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Privilege Have Gotten Rubbish..

Received the renewal quote from Privilege for my wife's Signum, and as is wise to do decided to see if I could beat the price. Several websites later and it becomes apparent the Privilege price is very good indeed and having trouble bettering it. So I phone them up with the intention of renewing and decide to ask what the "enhanced courtesy car cover" provides over and above the standard c/car provision. I've often taken out this enhanced cover for about £10-£20, as it provides a hire car if the car is stolen and missing, or if the garage have run out of c/cars etc. To my surprise the Privilege agent says the standard cover only provides a c/car if it's a non-fault accident (i.e. there's a guilty and insured 3rd party to claim off) whereas the enhanced cover will provide a c/car even if my wife or myself are to blame.

"Hold on" I say to her - you're telling me that even though it's comp cover, and even if your approved repairer have an unused c/car sitting in their yard, you won't ask them to lend it to us unless it's a non-fault accident?? That's right, she says.

Talk about useless cover - if the accident is non-fault then there's a 90% chance the 3rd party's insurer would agree to repair our car themselves and provide a c/car, or if not we can use the legal cover to get a hire car and claim it off the other insurer. In a non-fault accident Privilege's c/car would be an empty gesture. C/car's don't cost insurers a separate amount - their cost is included in the labour rate they pay their approved repairers; Privilege must have really cut that labour rate down to the bone for c/cars to have been excluded.

That motivated me to keep searching for a better quote and found esure charging £50 less and providing c/cars from their approved repairers regardless of blame - normal, proper comp cover in other words. Rant over.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a good deal last time when I insured my 2006 150 the 1st year with Hastings, I only paid £157 f/comp with no claims cover and extra legal cover, they were the cheapest I could find having been quoted 200 to 250 with others at the time. However, I've just had my renewal for the second year which starts at the end of the month, and mine this time has risen to £242 for the same deal, which I thought was quite a big increase considering I haven't had a claim and the cars now worth next to nothing.
    I've renewed at that price as its still not too bad, but I feel like that Nationwide advert. IOW I was given the juicy rate to get me on the hook, and they've hiped it now I'm in the keep net...lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you went through www.quidco.com as you would have got another £75 cashback off of esure as well.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i use these guys for every thing, http://www.greasypalm.co.uk/ get cash back on all my insurance car, home, just got set of tyres for the wifes Saab and got £42 cash back and the cheapest any way. take a look its a great place to shop about

Thread Information