Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default One Week Review of my Motor

Had the car a week now and would like to say how pleased with it I am

Its a facelift SRi hatch 1.9CDTi 150 is black saphire.

I am amazed at how well the car handles. Its smooth on the motorway and yet lets you throw it around corners with hardly any fuss. In comparison to my old MkV Golf GTTDi i would say its better round the bends and certainly a much nices cruiser. I wont keep up on twisty stuff with my Astra Coupe Turbo, but then they are two very different beasts.

pulling power i feel is slightly less than the VW, but not by much and the Vec is deffo no slouch. What the Vec does do is have power futher up the revs, whereas the Golf would literally die above 4000rpm.

Some things i do miss from the Golf is some of the toys that Vaux have seen fit to remove like the auto dip mirror, auto wipers and and auto lights.

the indicators took a short time to figure out, but the nice noises they make is oddly satisfying, along with the wiper controls.

I do like the styling and extra room.

Overall I am very pleased with my Veccie and i am glad to be back with Vaux (Golf was a company car) and it compliments the Astra well, giving a nice alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The handling of the vectra is what put me off , the mondeo is fantastic on the twistys , shame the intierior has been cost cut to pieces , so decided to get the vectra on mile eating ability , but speaking to a mate they have closed the gap on the mondeo by quite a bit handling wise on the facelift car and he said the DAB stereo was fantastic, so i bit the bullit and ordered one . just hope its as good as everyone says , also remember the engine on your car wont be loosened up to at least 10-15k so dont pass judgement on it yet ! i had a golf years ago and it was the worse car ive ever had , vw's have about as much in common in quality as poundstreacher

ps dont slag off the mondeo , the Gf's 130ps zetec is a fantastic b road tool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad you like it Pte

Dennis... can't understand why you don't like the handling on the Vec, I've driven new Mondeos, Passats, Volvo's (most of the cars you would consider to be the same class) and for my tastes the vec (SRi spec) is the best handling of the lot. I've even taken my Vec on some WRC stages and it was awesome fun (at slightly tamer speeds than a WRC car!!)!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah id have to admit that the veccy is the best handling car i have ever driven altho due to the stiffened SRI suspension is very twitchy on country lanes. I used to have a Astra SXI that handled well on normal roads but was fantastic on the back roads due to the softer suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I must confess though, I have been in my brothers Elite and the handling was just awful. It actually scared me with how wollowy it was. He has now addresses the situation and fitted Sri springs. The difference between the SRi and the rest in terms of handling is quite astonishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry forgot to mention the last vectra i had driven any real distance was the vectra b (1998 s plate) although i have only driven the new one a few miles and couldnt play much as i had the salesman sat next to me , centainly feels as good as the mondeo , its just a case of waiting for it

Thread Information