0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default On going problem with my Signum 1.9CDTI

Took delivery of my 2005 Signum four weeks ago and its going back to the garage in the morning for the fourth time with the same problem. After driving for 10-15 minutes the car starts missing the warning light comes on and the turbo switches off. When this happens your unable to pass anyone. The first time it when to the dealer they changed a diesel filter, the second time it was a sensor in the exhaust, the third time it was a gasket in the exhaust. Each time they fix it it lasts for about four days then goes again. when I switch the car off and then on again the warning light stays off and my problem goes away for another 10-15 mile down the motorway then it starts all over again. Some times the car goes alright for 2 -3 days before playing up. Has anyone had similar problems or any idea what the hell my problem is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be so many things....if it goes into limp home mode all the time then throw it back at them...thay sound like they are just throwing parts at it rather than fixing the fault...

popular 'faults' with the 1.9 include duff turbo's, dirty and seized EGR valves, and swirl valve actuator link rod and motor failure...none of them are unique and the dealers should know..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the sme problem. Had EGR valve replaced which cured it for just over a year (under warranty) bu just gone bac in for a new Swirl Valve ad Inlet Manifold. Dealer computer picked up both faults but on seperate occasons. This last visit is costing me over £900 so if you are still under warranty, get them to change the EGR and the Swirl Valve as they work together apparantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inlet Manifold & EGF

I bought my 2005 Signum 1.9CDTi August 2007. Within a few days I broke down and I had to be recovered to the Vauxhall main dealer from whom I bought the car. They replaced the Exhaust Gas Filter unit.

No problem until now, a little over twelve months. I broke down again last week and had to be recovered. This time they identified a failing Inlet Manifold and replaced it. However following the replacement the engine failed to run properly. Following further investigation they say that the new (last August) EGF is permanently damaged and the damage has been caused by the the failed Inlet Manifold.

Although the EGF is only a few weeks over 12 months since being installed Vauxhall Warranty is not liable, they say, because it has been destroyed by a now out of warranty Inlet Manifold. The car is under 3 years old but i've now done 76,000 miles since new.

Apart from the many issues that arise from this, has anyone heard of a fault from the Inlet Manifold destroying the EGF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inlet Manifold & EGF

I bought my Signum 1.9CDTi August 2007. Within a few days I broke down and I had to be recovered to the Vauxhall main dealer from whom I bought the car. They replaced the Exhaust Gas Filter unit.

No problem until now, a little over twelve months. I broke down again last week and had to be recovered. This time they identified a failing Inlet Manifold and replaced it. However following the replacement the engine failed to run properly. Following further investigation they say that the new (last August) EGF is permanently damaged and the damage has been caused by the the failed Inlet Manifold.

Although the EGF is only a few weeks over 12 months since being installed Vauxhall Warranty is not liable, they say, because it has been destroyed by a now out of warranty Inlet Manifold. The car is under 3 years old but i've now done 76,000 miles since new.
    Last edited by cestringer; 14th October 2008 at 15:04.

Thread Information