Vehicle InfoStats

i'm on 8mb supposedly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did have 20 meg , and always got a steady 19 - 20 ( honestly) BUT ! It seemed to drop at times especially when I was online gaming etc which was so annoying , I reckon there is something fishy with it like the traffic management etc , I think there is a way of showing that your receiving the 20 mb on speedtests etc , but in reality there are that many people being upgraded etc the network cannot cope - My opinion is , it does not do what it says on the tin
    P.S Downgraded to 10 mb and not noticed the slightest difference apart from the speed test results , figure the rest out yourself lol .

This is the reason I have gone with sky as of last week - email to vm complaints. and it still took em 5 weeks to get back to me loool .

I am an existing broadband customer and last week decided to upgrade to xl bb , xl tv and phone.
    So after ringing your sales advisor shirley , I agreed to have the tv , phone installed and bb upgraded.
    I received a confirmation letter confirming installation date and time - 6/08/08 between 12-6.
    So I had a day off work , moved all the computer equipment away from where the phone line was to be installed , moved the tv out from downstairs and disconnected the sky digibox which was currently working ( i had to cut the wires to remove from wall to make the engineers job easier so he could run the new cable through no problems .)
    Anyway everything is now ready for the install - so I sit and wait , no-one arrives , so at 6:40 I called your installation helpline and was informed by someone that there had been a problem and a survey had been carried out and some of the services were not available as had been agreed by yourselves.
    I was then further informed that someone had called to explain this and had left a voicemail.
    So I checked with my partner and no call or voicemail had been received from yourselves.
    So I rang back "again" and got put through to someone else and I asked them to verify the phone number which they had on record , and surprise surprise it is'nt our number.
    First of all it was a landline number , we have always had mobiles , so this is not right .
    As far as I am concerned telephone numbers should have been verified when I placed my order , and also if a survey had been carried out , would it not have been good practice to actually call at my home to explain the problem , or at least put a card through the door , at least ?
    So by this time I'm furious - so I contacted your cancellation/retention dept and a very pleasant chap called james dealt with me and "seemed" to be appalled at the way we had been treated.
    He could not see a problem and everything seemed ok as far as the installation plan was concerned.
    He promised that someone would call us back within 30 mins as he was going to take my complaint to a higher level.
    So 19 hours later still no call.
    I feel the way I have been treated by your company is disgraceful and after some quick calculations , I have lost a days wages £100 , i bought phone £75 ,sky digital tv now inoperative .
    So I'm now over £200 out of pocket and stuck with two children for the remainder of the school holidays with no tv , so thanks a bunch virgin .
    Your terrible customer service never ceases to amaze me .
    Hopefully someone will get back to me this side of christmas ? .... maybe .
    Last edited by poves; 17th September 2008 at 22:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

I used to get 6.5mb when i was with Orange but had so many "drop out's" i went to Tiscali
    What a mistake Now i have a nice, stable service but it never gets even 2mb.

Can't get cable so it looks like my choices are limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vectralicker View Post
    no probs

if anyone does need help with their cable services
    whether it be slow bbi or catv or phone issues
    i'll try an help as much as i can.

cheers

dont even get me started am on 20 since it came out...never got over 8 meg tv pausing,,,,been out numerouse times one time the cable guy phoned someone to confirm i was on 20meg as i was only getting 4 meg....since then i have been upgraded to v+ that still freezes not as much and for bb.....well look

]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

VL. My mum has a Virgin 'VBOX' (not a V+BOX). It has HDMI connections and she got it for free.

When I asked Virgin about it, they said it was "probably a trial they were doing in that area" (My mum lives 240 miles from me). The thing is, it was free. I don't want a V+BOX but would love one of the VBOX's as I've got an HD TV. In the meantime, I'm lumbered with my crappy NON-HDMI cable box.

What do you reckon mate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    VL. My mum has a Virgin 'VBOX' (not a V+BOX). It has HDMI connections and she got it for free.

When I asked Virgin about it, they said it was "probably a trial they were doing in that area" (My mum lives 240 miles from me). The thing is, it was free. I don't want a V+BOX but would love one of the VBOX's as I've got an HD TV. In the meantime, I'm lumbered with my crappy NON-HDMI cable box.

What do you reckon mate?

hey bud,
    only the v+ boxes are HDmate.
    V boxes are standard digi recievers.

Seriously tho, if you guys need help drop me a PM.

But Please:

If you have decided to cancel and already gone to another provider there isnt much point in me looking into something for you as your account at this end will be shut down, so I wont be able to do much.

Other than that then i'll happily try to look into it for you.
    Bare in mind tho im only online when im at work and do have my "daily chores" so may take me a little while to get back to you.

I work in one of the smallest centres, but for consumer resolution we are the highest achievers in the country!!! So I promise i'll do anything I can to help peeps on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jaff View Post
    dont even get me started am on 20 since it came out...never got over 8 meg tv pausing,,,,been out numerouse times one time the cable guy phoned someone to confirm i was on 20meg as i was only getting 4 meg....since then i have been upgraded to v+ that still freezes not as much and for bb.....well look

]

As for you, my poor little Jaffa cake,
    get intouch and I'll see what the score is for you lad, nae bor.
    Im sh*t at being a man but im great when it comes to cable! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nowt to do here.

It's meant to be 10Mb.

That's good enough for me especially as we live miles from the exchange, and could only get 512k over the old copper lines.

dv.
    Last edited by VXR_DV; 18th September 2008 at 09:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_DV View Post
    Nowt to do here.

It's meant to be 10Mb, and 9-ish is what I get. That's good enough for me especially as we live miles from the exchange, and could only get 512k over the old copper lines.

dv.

HI 5! (Borat stylee)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Seams to be running OK this Morning

URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/url]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information