Thread: 0800 019 1773-nuisance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 0800 019 1773-nuisance!!

Had a call from this number yesterday, saying that they wanted to do some research on my Mobile Phone Contract and would take no more than 30 Secs and didnt want any personal info. I told them I was busy but she said it will only take 30 sec's, and she says it will only take 15 secs, so I said I HAVENT GOT TIME and cut them off as I was with my little son at the time.

Then got a call about 2 hours later saying the exact same thing and I said I havent got the time as im busy and have got time to do survey's and to please take me off their list.

Then got another call about 45 mins later so thought "lets see what the foook they want".

Apparently the company they are calling from is ICS Research or similar, and they wanted to do some research on my mobile phone contract and would not ask any personal details.

Anyhow, so he started, which network are you on.....so I replied I dont think I want to tell you as I dont know who you are, then...whats your date of birth, so I ask for what purpose and he said for research, then he asks how I pay my bills, at this point I thought....hmm, quite a bit of personal info going in there, so simply declined to any any questions and asked to be taken off their mailing list.

The bloke then replid, whatever mate, so I said "You What", he yeh whatever....so I says dont ever call me again otherwise I will report you and also advised that I am on the TPS, to which he replied, whatever mate, so I says get off my line you pr1ck and cut him off.

Anyone else had any similar calls?

Who are these people?

Surely if im on the TPS they should NOT call me???

Really got my back up as my baby was crying for a feed and I had this clown trying to bug me for info!!!

Just thought I would paste the number too incase anyone else comes across it.

I googled it an it came up with a forum for people trying to report this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri Nav VxLine

Engine : 2.0 CDTI 160 ps

Year : 2011

I agree they are a pain in the ar5e,
    i thought that the TPS was only for landline numbers, is there one for mobile numbers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Next time it happens ask "Excuse me how did you get this number as it is an UNLISTED number".make sure you say UNLISTED.They will probably say they will check and get back to you.But that usually stops them and others phoning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by B19CBB View Post
    I agree they are a pain in the ar5e,
    i thought that the TPS was only for landline numbers, is there one for mobile numbers?
    The same TPS for landline's will also let you register for Mobile's. I have been registered on it for nearly a year or so and touch wood its been OK, until now. Is this the start of more!! Im going back to register with them again!

Just register as Residential and it will let you do Mobile's.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ctps/number_type.html

HTH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri Nav VxLine

Engine : 2.0 CDTI 160 ps

Year : 2011

Thanks for the info, i've just registered my mobile too,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh, I forgot to add the best bit, I actually asked the bloke where he got my number from and he said we "random dial". Like ****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the heads up G.

Just registered mine and the wifes mobile but my landline was already registered!

Another tip if any of you receive those calls where there is no one there and then a recorded message starts to play, these are test calls to check the time of day you are home so a real person can call back at that time.

What to do? Press the hash (#) key about 7 or 8 times repeatedly and then hang up. This confuses their computer system and your number then gets lost in their database.

Used to get these calls on a regular basis but since doing this, i've not had any since.

Snowman, you got your ears on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Taffyopel View Post
    Thanks for the heads up G.

Just registered mine and the wifes mobile but my landline was already registered!

Another tip if any of you receive those calls where there is no one there and then a recorded message starts to play, these are test calls to check the time of day you are home so a real person can call back at that time.

What to do? Press the hash (#) key about 7 or 8 times repeatedly and then hang up. This confuses their computer system and your number then gets lost in their database.

Used to get these calls on a regular basis but since doing this, i've not had any since.
    Sounds like a plan that Paul.

Will do so!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

these bar stewards ring my mobile about four times a day! I checked the number on google so I know exactly who they are. HOW DARE THEY! Really gets me, pain in the arse, What has it got to do with them?

Will be trying to get them blocked myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just registered,have had some stupid calls lately,thanks VM.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information