User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 2.2 direct beware

  1. #1
    Regular Member GerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default 2.2 direct beware

    Went into Hartwells Norwich on Friday as the engine management light had come on and stayed on. Have been told by them that in this area (Norfolk) 2.2 direct engines have been dropping like flies due to a fuel problem, some cars have had to be recovered from the petrol stations, they have run out of the part required to fix it and no one is accepting responsibility.
    Anyone know any more!
    mine is still going and have been advised to use Shell Ultra fuel as no problems with that to date.

  2. #2
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 110000

    Default

    Has this happened again? Its not a 2.2 fault its a generic petrol problem through all makes and models. Last lime it only affected the south of the country and supermarket petrol. I think its just a lambda fault. Some guys fixed it by just cleaning it with citrus descaler.

  3. #3
    Regular Member GerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Has this happened again? Its not a 2.2 fault its a generic petrol problem through all makes and models. Last lime it only affected the south of the country and supermarket petrol. I think its just a lambda fault. Some guys fixed it by just cleaning it with citrus descaler.
    Not this time only the 2.2 direct is affected no other engine the 2 Hartwells in Norwich are backed up with 2.2's no others,something to do with the direct injection

  4. #4
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 110000

    Default

    Some other makes showing up on petrol prices, but they all posted around back end of July. But as you say, the way the Direct Fueling works may make it more susceptible.
    Last edited by rushy; 7th September 2008 at 18:14.

  5. #5
    Regular Member GerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    This is no joke I have been away since friday afternoon having spent an hour in hartwells to see if I could drive my car to take my lad away for the weekend and have just got back, the part required to repair the car is out of stock due to so many going wrong all of them 2.2 directs no other. The minute I said I had an engine management light on they knew it was a 2.2 direct. They also said they could be repaired and go wrong again if the fuel problem isn't sorted.

  6. #6
    Regular Member old cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    slough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
    Not this time only the 2.2 direct is affected no other engine the 2 Hartwells in Norwich are backed up with 2.2's no others,something to do with the direct injection
    You''l probably find it's the High Pressure fuel pumps that are causing the problems, apparently they're are dropping like flies (have been a problem for a while on the direct) and the replacements that the dealers do have are not to be fitted due to potential leaks from them!!, so at the moment there is a backlog of re-designed fuel pumps ; a vx dealer near me also has several 2.2 directs sitting in there compound awaiting new pumps.
    Cheers Pete

  7. #7
    Regular Member GerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    You''l probably find it's the High Pressure fuel pumps that are causing the problems, apparently they're are dropping like flies (have been a problem for a while on the direct) and the replacements that the dealers do have are not to be fitted due to potential leaks from them!!, so at the moment there is a backlog of re-designed fuel pumps ; a vx dealer near me also has several 2.2 directs sitting in there compound awaiting new pumps.
    Cheers Pete
    So not a problem with fuel then?
    because if its a general fault should be done on a recall!

  8. #8
    Regular Member old cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    slough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I don't think there was a recall on the pumps, only a field remedy, however I do feel that this should be on a recall,particularly those that have already been replaced with the suspect ones, because as far as I'm concerned there is most definatly a safety issue here which is what recalls are based on e.g you're on the outside lane on the motorway, pump dies, car cuts out, (engine management light on) etc need I say more!!
    Cheers Pete

  9. #9
    Regular Member GerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    I don't think there was a recall on the pumps, only a field remedy, however I do feel that this should be on a recall,particularly those that have already been replaced with the suspect ones, because as far as I'm concerned there is most definatly a safety issue here which is what recalls are based on e.g you're on the outside lane on the motorway, pump dies, car cuts out, (engine management light on) etc need I say more!!
    Cheers Pete
    If this is the same problem they reckoned on about £135.00 to fix not sure if that was just the part or included fitting

  10. #10
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 110000

    Default

    Pumps a dam sight more than £135. Fits into the lambda price though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Beware this Vectra
    By Derek Mc in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 20th February 2011, 19:19
  2. Beware!! Scam.
    By the-wizard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 3rd March 2010, 22:26
  3. My Vectra SRI [56k Beware please]
    By parsco in forum Gallery
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31st January 2009, 19:07
  4. ps3 and beware gta IV
    By howey in forum Games Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th May 2008, 01:05
  5. Bus Lanes beware
    By MalcGSI in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18th January 2007, 12:13

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •