0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Anyone of thinking of getting their car mapped.... Read this first

OK so have a read... first

Ape
    Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:30 PM

After getting my Pug RR'd recently, i take back my good word about this company.

It may sound like i'm hammering ##### Tuning a fair bit, but i feel they've conned the majority of us, as the generic map they used on mine not only didn't work in the first place, but when they got a map that would work - its made the engine run lean and the ECU has reduced the engine performance to acommodate this. It would be interesting to get a gti and some derves on the rollers to see if ##### can live up to their claim. They claim on a 1.4 16v to increase by 10bhp from standard with just a map, yet with their map (and their induction kit also) it was acutally sapping power. From this i think they're just in for a quick buck and wouldn't go anywhere near them again.

yes they're friendly, yes they're good salesmen, but no -they're not tuners.
    I've been suspicious of them for a while to be honest, but pride was the thing that stopped me from saying anything (as normal )

However, i also wanted proof before i start laying my claim. As a rough benchmark, a friend with a similar powered car (Ibiza) used to never gain any distance on mine, after their work, it was a different story. I was thinking maybe it needed time to adjust and that sort of thing, but after a while i got doubtful. After finding more info on them I've found them to be less than worthy of being recommended on here.

I will happily have a chat with anyone that wants to know more over pm or msn.

The RR was in Watford as i was down there yesterday, but you could find one more local to you mate.
    I'd imagine so mate.

For the Record.

##### Tuning loaded a standard map onto my car (from standard) with a minor, and i mean minor, time advancement (that the ECU does anyway). So in effect they had the money for doing Sweet FA. Trading Standards will be contacted shortly as well. Its dispicable that they do this.

On the other hand. Red Dot remapped the car properly on the rollers today. Grinning from Ear to Ear

I have heard this before from 406 coupe forum seems that this certain company dont know what they are doing and other companys that arent doing live maps but taking out the Ecu. I took my car to a certain company in walsall and they took my ecu out mapped it, NO rolling road, No figures etc. It did make the car rapid but after taking it to a rolling road it was running very lean and i coulda done the same and fooled the ecu for less money. My MPG was very bad, I was getting 21 round town then it dropped to 17. I am not saying this company dont know what they are doing but I am never gonna get my car mapped in a way where it is NOT live. I want to know exactly whats going on with it.

THIS IS FROM www.206info.co.uk by a user called APE and a few others have posted simlar and like I said on the coupe forum someone else has had a bad experience.
    Last edited by Gsi3.2; 2nd September 2008 at 19:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry, kept saying Network error when I tried to post. so have posted twice by mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So what your saying is you don't reccomend ##### Tuning.
    Last edited by Gsi3.2; 2nd September 2008 at 19:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as it's a duplicate and as it's just a forum post from another forum ( and therefore not checkable) i've edited out the name of the company and i'm closing this one as it serves no real purpose being a non VX topic..

Thread Information