Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Need some help

Just spent the day being messed about by our local Vx dealer.

Went along this morning to pick up the new car . After an uneasy pause from the sales rep we were told "it's not quite ready yet we are just waiting on a fax from gmac. So I say that's ok we will just pop into town for an early lunch and pick it up later. The sales rep took my mobile number and said he would phone me when everything was ready.
    We went to town and had lunch and when it got to 3pm I was getting a bit worried so I phone the dealers only to be told that the rep was unavailable.
    Now getting a bit angry with being messed around so we went back to the dealers.
    Sales rep looked a bit worried when we walked in and asked us to have a seat while he "sorted things out"
    Sales rep came back and broke this one on us
    "There seems to be a bit of a problem with the figures" oh I say what's the problem.
    "well the salesman that offered you the original deal is no longer employed by us and he has offered you a price that we can't give you"
    Hmm I say that is a problem, but it is YOUR PROBLEM not mine as i have all of the paperwork and the completed order and finance forms with the offered price and both parties agreement to the price.
    Salesman now very red faced and tells me that the bosses are in an emergency meeting to try and sort out an offer that is as near to the one that I have for me.
    So we were sent away while the bosses had their meeting and I don't know what to do.
    There is a lovely new 1.9 CDTI Elite sat in the dealers forecourt with my name on it and they won't let me have it!!!!

Sorry for the long ranting post

Any advice most welcome

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i would be phoning cab mate as i think as they have signed the deal then its not your fault so tough

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i would argue you have a signed contract so tuff... its not your fault i would want the exact price you sighned for and thats that.. if they make a loss then so be it they are rich enough anyway....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you have a 'sale agreement' with the dealer it's THIER problem if they are going to take a loss on it...

if you have a signed piece of paper showing your PX, their sale price, and the balance ( however it's funded) with both your and their ex-employee's name on it then they legally haven't got as leg to stand on as they have entered into a contract with you to sell you that car at that price..irrespective of if their ex salesman has now left, or 'pulled a stunt' on his ex bosses...

If you posess the signed agreement, i'd be creating merry hell...i'm sure trading standards would LOVE to get involved with that one..

Just because the employee no longer works there, any formal agreement you have with them is not invalid...the agreement is with the company ( supplying dealer) and you..

sounds like they are trying to worm their way out of a loss on the deal...which is their hard luck really..and shouldn't be 'taken out' on the contracted purchaser.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It would have gone through the maneger anyway. So if the sales guy " numpty who runs back and forward to the manager " has now gone it's still under the manager to do the deal.
    They are takeing the pish mate.
    Park your car over the entrance of the garage and see what the say

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

You have the completed paperwork and there is nothing they can do, had a similiar problem a few years back with a VX dealership.
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

go in when there are a few people in the showroom and kick up a fuss you will be surprised what will happen .they wont want a fuss in there showroom with potetial customers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cant see they've a leg to stand on btw did you think it was a very very good deal?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have to agree with all the above, they are trying to break their contract with you. They - the company/dealership - agreed to the deal, they have to honour it. Cause a fuss in the showroom and call Trading Standards while in the showroom if you have too. Their problem, not yours. How would they like it if after signing all the paperwork you decided the offer wasn't good enough..............
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Put this to them, much as what the others have said as well.

Ask this,

You ... So if I came to you and told you I no longer wanted the car but had signed for it, would you have ripped up the contract.

I can assure you the answer would've been, sorry sir but you've bought it, if you want the car put your foot down in a polite calm firm way and tell them you've wasted enough time on this already, can I take the car today or not, because if not I will be handing the whole thing to a solicitor asap to sort out.

I had the same thing with a window company, I let them off because I didn't really want what they'd haggled me into buying design wise, told me they hadn't quoted for the trims, extra 400 quid required, I like ppl who can think on their feet, but when you know who you are dealing with in me it's better to be honest than to try and convince me a roll of rubberised trim comes to 400 quid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information