User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Air vent removal middle and top of dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Air vent removal middle and top of dash.

somehow a coin has fallen I think into the air vent on top of the dash, everytime I go around a corner it annoyingly slides from left to right and equally annoyingly right to left. HELP!! any advice on how to get to it out before I go round the bend !!! I have sat nav and may need to gain access from the center vents either side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You got too much money. I am sure someone will come along soon with an answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If its the centre one, near windscreen then it just clips in, it looks like a vent grill but its actually for a speaker I believe, at least on mine it is, there's a connector in there with 2 wires.
    You should be able to spring it out quite easily.
    Last edited by 67688c; 1st September 2008 at 20:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Remove the coloured trim strip that runs along the front of the dash. This should pull off if you start at one end. Then you will see 4 torx screws relating to the centre vents. Remove these and the centre vents will pull out. Now find someone will small hands who needs money!

The dash speaker is covered with a plastic vent which will just prise off. Problem then is removing the centre speaker as it is a pain as u can end up dropping the screws into the hole and then you will have two things floating about! Then I do not believe u can get to the tunnel behind as there is plastic in the way.
    Last edited by merikiito; 1st September 2008 at 20:55.

Thread Information