User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CR1 owners - standard 18 turns or increased ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wink CR1 owners - standard 18 turns or increased ?

Hi guys

I would like to get some feedback from some owners of the CR1 about how theirs is set up.

I ordered mine this morning (am I allowed to say where from !?) and I was advised not to go beyond the standard 18 turns / 185 BHP for safety.

Yet to the contrary, I have read quite a few threads where people have gone up to around the 21 turns (or more).

Obivously I would like to maximise the potential of the device but not so much as to put my car in danger.

So, feedback please on:

1) - where you have yours set?
    2) - if you have had any problems when you have increased to a certain point?
    3) - (optionally) how much difference (subjective obviously) each increase has made?
    4) - (optionally) - if there is increased smoke is this a bad sign and then should decrease turns?

I was all for putting this on and turning up towards the 21 mark but not sure now after the advised received upon purchase !!?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkiola
    Hi guys

I would like to get some feedback from some owners of the CR1 about how theirs is set up.

I ordered mine this morning (am I allowed to say where from !?) and I was advised not to go beyond the standard 18 turns / 185 BHP for safety.

Yet to the contrary, I have read quite a few threads where people have gone up to around the 21 turns (or more).

Obivously I would like to maximise the potential of the device but not so much as to put my car in danger.

So, feedback please on:

1) - where you have yours set?
    2) - if you have had any problems when you have increased to a certain point?
    3) - (optionally) how much difference (subjective obviously) each increase has made?
    4) - (optionally) - if there is increased smoke is this a bad sign and then should decrease turns?

I was all for putting this on and turning up towards the 21 mark but not sure now after the advised received upon purchase !!?

Thanks in advance for any advice
    1) - where you have yours set? 3 turns over factory setting
    2) - if you have had any problems when you have increased to a certain point? No problems, no hesitation, no bad starts, no jerking. Acts as a standard car
    3) - (optionally) how much difference (subjective obviously) each increase has made? factory setting felt no different to standard car. Each turn had a progressivly bigger impact on performance
    4) - (optionally) - if there is increased smoke is this a bad sign and then should decrease turns? occasional small dolop of smoke on standing start full throttle. In gear, no smoke. Its not a bad sign, but a sign of too much fuel. If its a lot and constant, turn it down. If its small amounts and infrequent, ignore it.

Thread Information