User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Advice please

  1. #1
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Advice please

    Just had my next door neightbour round complaining about my little jack russell
    He has said over the past few days she has woken him up at about 5:30am every morning, with her barking, admittadlly i sleep like a log and dont get up till my alarm next to my head wakes me, same with the mrs.
    But he has threatened to go to the landlord/police/council/dog warden and get her removed from us if we carry on.
    He has also said that as we are both at work during the day it is too long to leave her on her own and if we continue he will be taking action again.
    My mrs is upset about this as i dont feel that so long as the dog has ample food and water to last her the day as well as an area to go to the toilet, then in my eyes she should be fine.
    We take her for regular walks most evenings, and on weekends and she dont want for anything ( the mrs sees to that)

    Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this out?

    (apart from playing 300BPM speedcore through the walls )
    Last edited by mc_orion; 27th August 2008 at 21:14.

  2. #2
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    if he contacts the council with this situation they WILL send him a diary to fill in for 2 weeks and they will then contact you, and if it still happens then the council WILL put in sound equipment for a week to see if they can act on the situation hth m8

  3. #3
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    if he contacts the council with this situation they WILL send him a diary to fill in for 2 weeks and they will then contact you, and if it still happens then the council WILL put in sound equipment for a week to see if they can act on the situation hth m8
    Well thats what i dont want to happen mate, got any ideas on how to sort the dog or the next door neighbour out?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunderland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    As long as the dog is well cared for and not in danger or being abused there is nothing he can do with regards to the dog being in the house during the day.

    The barking bit, don't know tbh. I would have thought they would need to lodge a complaint with enviromental health, which takes time. Maybe keep the dog upstairs so that its next to you when/IF it barks in a morning, so you can stop her. There is a good chance its the milkman/some other early starter causing her to bark.

    Failing that try the polite approach, apologize and say you will try and sort something out. Some people are gits though

  5. #5
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    Well thats what i dont want to happen mate, got any ideas on how to sort the dog or the next door neighbour out?

    have you tried a bark colar, as it will send small curent when it barks ( i know it sounds horrible) as these do work very well

  6. #6
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Maybe keep the dog upstairs so that its next to you when/IF it barks in a morning, so you can stop her. There is a good chance its the milkman/some other early starter causing her to bark.
    Thats what i was thinking, but dont think its the milkman, i have thought about birds/cats/foxes/rats that might be waking her up as she in the lean to we have on the side of the house at the back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Failing that try the polite approach, apologize and say you will try and sort something out. Some people are gits though
    Tried that this evening mate, apologised and said we would sort summat, but he wouldnt listen (he's bout 80), you would have thought tho if its happened previous that he would have come around said summat or put note through door like

  7. #7
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    have you tried a bark colar, as it will send small curent when it barks ( i know it sounds horrible) as these do work very well

    That for the next door neighbour or the dog???

  8. #8
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    As long as the dog is well cared for and not in danger or being abused there is nothing he can do with regards to the dog being in the house during the day.

    The barking bit, don't know tbh. I would have thought they would need to lodge a complaint with enviromental health, which takes time. Maybe keep the dog upstairs so that its next to you when/IF it barks in a morning, so you can stop her. There is a good chance its the milkman/some other early starter causing her to bark.

    Failing that try the polite approach, apologize and say you will try and sort something out. Some people are gits though
    i have been through this with my neigbours dog as it was out all day and night in all weathers and was barking at 2-3 in the morning at any thing that mad the smallest of noises

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    That for the next door neighbour or the dog???
    for the dog but if you can find one big enough then get one for him too

  9. #9
    Regular Member mc_orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Worcester...and most motorways!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    for the dog but if you can find one big enough then get one for him too
    Looking online now mate...

  10. #10
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    Looking online now mate...
    here is one http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/ant...FRSb1QodM1hCjQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ebay advice , think someone is trying it on , need advice ...
    By poves in forum General Motoring Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd August 2012, 00:29
  2. Need help and advice please
    By Angel1368 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 9th June 2012, 11:19
  3. Need advice what would you do....
    By pipamish in forum General Motoring Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2nd December 2011, 02:13
  4. Newbe after advice, lots of advice!
    By rb199 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th March 2011, 19:08
  5. Advice please?
    By RN37 VXL in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th October 2009, 17:59

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •