Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9cdti 150, engine light/no power @3500rpm

Can anyone help me?

I have a facelift vectra sri 1.9cdti 150. Bought the car March 08, with 41k, from a VX dealers in Coventry which is some 50 miles away.

The car had a problem which the dealers told me about before i had it, and was assured that it would be fixed. This was the engine light coming on around 3500rpm for a few seconds, and the car would not accelerate further. It took ages before the car was ready, and they chucked a load of new parts on it, which i was told included, air sensor, new turbo, and inlet manifold. The car seemed to drive ok for a short time, although i never really thrashed it about when i first had it.
    However this same problem seemed to appear again. I phoned up the dealers in Coventry, however i was unwilling to take it all the way back to them. No problem was the answer, take it to your local network q, it's still under manufacturers warranty and network q cover, so it can be sorted by them. After months, the problem is still there, been in and out of my local VX garage about 5 times now, and still with them, been without the car for 2 weeks now, and still not fixed after having fitted new EGR valve, MAF, and intercooler, as they thought the engine was not getting enough air.
    Been on phone to the dealers in Coventry and asked for them to sort out a refund or exchange on the car. They dont seem keen on that, and would prefer for me to be without the car for ages so they can try and fix it. Will it ever be fixed?
    Where do I stand? Tried complaining to VX customer services, but they dont seem to have grasped my issue, and have offered me a vectra courtesy car instead of the 3 door corsa i've got at the moment-hardly ideal for a family. Am i entitled to a refund/exchange? Who do i go to if i get no joy...trading standards/VOSA/citizens advice?
    I do like the car if it was working as it should, however it's the first time i've owned a VX, concerned that i will get further problems/costly bills once warranty has expired, and has put me off VX's for life!

Can anyone help me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you have passed the 30 day, 100% refund or exchange policy.. but that shouldn't mean you give up....

What does the TECH2 codes say?.. do you have the codes?..

I would give your local dealers a chance to fix it, one final time..Accept the offer of a hire car at their expense, until your car is 100% fixed.. tell them to use it themselves for a week until they can prove the fault no longer exsists, then and only then agree to release the hire car and accept your car back..

it does sound as thou they are code chasing and clutching at straws as they have thrown the kitchen sink at the popular faults already....

If they can't diagnose it, ask them to call in a VX field engineer to diagnose it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI CDTI NAV

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 258,000

This is a pure guess, temperature sensor. one of the first things I noticed about my cdti was when I first set off in the morning it wont rev past about 3500. I assume it is some sort of engine protection system to stop you over revving when its cold, but a faulty signal could trick the ECU into thinking that was the case.

Standing by to be shot down in flames!
    Despite the cost of living it still seems popular!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No idea what's wrong, but with all those parts replaced, once it's fixed it'll run forever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finally got car back now, repaired. Blocked intercooler was at fault I'm told. It's had a new one, and it now runs like a dream. Fingers crossed it'll keep that way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great to hear that you are sorted. I had a 1 year old Network Q Signum 1.9 cdti auto, which after 4 months developed the notorious ECR valve problem. My local Vx dealer asked me "what do you need?" and I said "a replacement car until you fix the Signum". Hey presto that is what happened! I was given a rather nice Vectra SRi to drive while Vx got the EGR parts and fitted etc. Took them over a week! I am a fan of Network Q. Was easy, and I got my Signum back fully working. 1 year and 24K miles later and no problems.
    Andy

Thread Information