Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default V6 cdti starting Problems - new boy needs help

Hi

I have had my signum for about a year now, when I first bought it the thing would start if you just blew on the key. However Over the passage of time (now done 81k) it became harder to start- especially when it had been stood overnight. basically the longer it was left standing the harder it was to start. Also started loosing power when driving along, then would pick up and all would be fine.

One morning it would not start at all so got a tow to the local garage - who could not read the ecu so got it towed to the local Vauxhall dealer. Tested and replaced the key capture relay, to be fair the car did now start but it still was not as good as before.

Last night disaster struck having been on holiday for a week came back to the car park at manchester airport. Would not start at all. RAC came out it was not a flat battery so he could not mend it. he did remove a fuel connection on the injector rail to find there was no diesel present. Recovered back to local Vauxhall dealer, who put it on his test rig - apparently there is no fuel pressure, no F$$king kidding.

They are now talking of stripping half the engine, replacing fuel rails and high pressure pumps at a cost of thousands. Basically just throwing bits at it in the hope the fault goes away, whilst I cover the cost.

the trouble is that no one seems to have any experience of this engine, they cannot even decide if there is a low pressure pump to get the fuel up from the tank in the first place.

Questions to any one who can help

1. are there any known starting problems with this model
    2. surely there are some filters in the line which could be checked first
    3.the engine is an isuzu would it be better to take it to one of their dealers or are they equally clueless.
    4. does anyone know of a decent independent technician in the yorkshire area

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Euro 3 engines like yours and mine are normally ok. I haven't read anything about starting problems I don't think. I take it you don't have any EML lights on? There are fuel filters, and i'm pretty sure there are both high and low pressure pumps, the high pressure one being £1000's as they are in all modern CDTi diesel engines, ford, bmw etc.

I have also found the dealers have no-idea about this engine and have wondered if my local Izuzu dealer would be better, but they probably don't have the equipment to read VX's software.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would ask the VX dealership to invite the regional technician to diagnose the fault and provide a written report, before you part with any money
    I had to that on my Vectra B, takes about a week

Thread Information