Thread: Parking Ticket...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Parking Ticket...

?Where do you think we stand on this one...

Yesterday the wife and daughter went up town to do some shopping,my wife gave my daughter 30p ..2 x10p pieces and 2 x 5p pieces ..this is the cost to park for one hour.Cheap i know, but bear with me.
    My daughter went to put the money in the machine,in this sequence...10p first..followed by another 10p..followed by 5p and lastly another 5p..but what she did was,press the green button before the last 5p had registered,but as far as she was concerned she had paid 30p to park for one hour,bearing in mind the daughter is only 10yrs old.
    She gave the ticket to my wife and she stuck it to the screen as normal taking it for granted that she had paid for one hour.
    They went to do the shopping and returned 40 odd mins later to find a ticket stuck to screen you've guessed a fine for £40 for showing an expired ticket or £15 if paid before 14 days which i have allready paid.

The minimum cost is 20p for half an hour,which i know she overstayed on,but my point is,the machine took the 30p.

ps, not bothered about the 15 quid really,but it's the old principle thing shouting back at me.
    ? Does anyone think we have a case or should i just leave it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No case mate,they'd say its your own fault,see where you're coming from but don't think its worth persuing it......

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by macdad View Post
    ?Where do you think we stand on this one...

Yesterday the wife and daughter went up town to do some shopping,my wife gave my daughter 30p ..2 x10p pieces and 2 x 5p pieces ..this is the cost to park for one hour.Cheap i know, but bear with me.
    My daughter went to put the money in the machine,in this sequence...10p first..followed by another 10p..followed by 5p and lastly another 5p..but what she did was,press the green button before the last 5p had registered,but as far as she was concerned she had paid 30p to park for one hour,bearing in mind the daughter is only 10yrs old.
    She gave the ticket to my wife and she stuck it to the screen as normal taking it for granted that she had paid for one hour.
    They went to do the shopping and returned 40 odd mins later to find a ticket stuck to screen you've guessed a fine for £40 for showing an expired ticket or £15 if paid before 14 days which i have allready paid.

The minimum cost is 20p for half an hour,which i know she overstayed on,but my point is,the machine took the 30p.

ps, not bothered about the 15 quid really,but it's the old principle thing shouting back at me.
    ? Does anyone think we have a case or should i just leave it.
    If it states on the ticket that you paid 25p, then you can phone them, they put a hold on this ticket and then you have about 14 days to write a letter explaining this...

It is worth a try, one of my friends was in a simailar situation and they let her off...

Good luck....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think you're stuffed - the onus will be on your wife to ensure that the ticket is valid etc etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's worth a punt with the explanation above but you'll only be appealing to their better nature IMO. If they tell you you have no case then I'd leave it at that.

I appealed against a ticket whereby I'd put the thing in upside down so that it only showed an advertisement for a local cinema.

Did it all by email and tried to come across as an old duffer. (Not difficult I know ) Ended all the emails with Stephen etc. I won the appeal anyway.
    Last edited by Stevel; 15th August 2008 at 14:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Go for it you have nothing to loose.

My friend got away with it in Brighton, he put it on the top of the dash and unknown to him a gust of wind blew it on the floor. I don't know how he got away with it because it says Pay and display, he clearly didn't display.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Our local machines state on them "please wait for all coins to drop before pressing the green button" or words to that effect, don't fancy your chances but good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think you will definately win this one and should appeal. if you were only gonna stay for half hour you would'nt of put in 25p as your ticket states, you would have only paid 20p, you did'nt stay for over an hour this will back up what you are saying. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as above, a letter explaining reasonably what you have done should take care of it - especially if your ticket states 25p

your poor lassie, hope she don't feel too bad droppin dad in it with the traffic wardens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Big Brother needs funds, pay pay pay, it's getting like the Sheriff of Nottingham all over again, tax upon tax upon tax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information