User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thoughts,opinions,ideas,suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Thoughts,opinions,ideas,suggestions.

As most will know I have a 1.9 CDTi Sri Estate.I don`t have loads of money to spend on it and to be honest don`t want to.Anything I` do will be cosmetic as such.At present it`s not driven enough for engine stuff etc to justify the cost of upgrades etc.
    But subtle additions I like.
    I`m going to at some stage get a new Irmscher grill.

I`ve had 19" wheels before and the ride was poor and we tried to avoid every pot hole around.I know some have said that the ride is nothing like the vec b with 19" on.But I`m happy with the 17" on it.
    So new wheels - no thanks and the price no thanks.

Wear and tear stuff I`ll replace with upgraded stuff such as brakes as time goes on.

So I fancy a rear spoiler either Irmscher or the VXR one.I think that it`ll be subtle but effective on the estate.Any one else agree?

Now I`ve seen another black estate - same as mine - with the dual exit exhaust on and bottom spoiler for it to fit.Saw it and thought WOW.
    Now I`ve been offered this setup for a bargin price,so I`m tempted.BUT,would my car look odd or lop sided if I only had the rear done with stuff.Why? Because I can`t get away with the lower front splitter due to my drive.So the front would be standard SRi.Also I`m going to keep the standard wheels on.
    The other problem is that this part is off a CDTi 3.0 V6.Which on the Irmscher website is listed with the 2.2 - 2.0T and 3.2 petrol.The 1.9 is listed with another part no`for the dual branch exit.So i don`t think it`ll be correct for my car,with it being for a CDTi 3.0 V6.Any thoughts on this?

So to recap I plan to get a new grill and more than likely a rear spoiler.
    Should I stay with that or get more stuff considering the front end and wheel stuff.
    Sorry got no good pics of the parts I`ve mentioned.

Many thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heres one pic -

mines debadged the same,so it`ll give an idea.

the irmscher splitter is this one here

this is the spoiler -

Last edited by installer; 16th February 2006 at 20:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think it will look good,do what i did, and get the black plastic under the bumper painted to match your car.Looks better than a splitter for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Got me grill so it`s a start.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by installer
    So I fancy a rear spoiler either Irmscher or the VXR one.I think that it`ll be subtle but effective on the estate.Any one else agree?
    If it does to the Estate, what the Irmscher roof spoiler does to the Signum, I'd say yes, go for it. Deffo subtle but effective on the Signum.
    Quote Originally Posted by installer
    The other problem is that this part is off a CDTi 3.0 V6.Which on the Irmscher website is listed with the 2.2 - 2.0T and 3.2 petrol.The 1.9 is listed with another part no`for the dual branch exit.So i don`t think it`ll be correct for my car,with it being for a CDTi 3.0 V6.Any thoughts on this?
    I personally have always hated the twin dual exit rectangular Irmscher boxes. Sorry, just me - but if you like them then go for it. The fact that the ones you can get are off a 3.0CDTi may be a problem. As you've said, they're meant for the 3.0CDTi, 2.2. and 2.0T. I don't know what the consequence will be of fitting those to the 1.9. I don't know if it's different baffles etc., whether it's just for an emissions thing, whether it'll affect the power etc. Someone else may know the specifics behind that one.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    If it does to the Estate, what the Irmscher roof spoiler does to the Signum, I'd say yes, go for it. Deffo subtle but effective on the Signum.I personally have always hated the twin dual exit rectangular Irmscher boxes. Sorry, just me - but if you like them then go for it. The fact that the ones you can get are off a 3.0CDTi may be a problem. As you've said, they're meant for the 3.0CDTi, 2.2. and 2.0T. I don't know what the consequence will be of fitting those to the 1.9. I don't know if it's different baffles etc., whether it's just for an emissions thing, whether it'll affect the power etc. Someone else may know the specifics behind that one.

D

Well got me grill.Going to look for a spoiler,cos I think it`ll look alot better.
    I`m going to think about the dual branch,from the Irmscher stuff I`ve got other stuff is needed such heat shielding etc.
    Also I`m not sure if it`ll look overkill on me car and wallet.

Thread Information