Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default MyShowPlates.com discount offer code

Hi everyone -

I have just been sent this by MyShowPlates.com - thought it might come in handy for any of you planning on ordering new plates -

The code should be entered in CAPITALS in the box marked Affiliate Scheme Code which appears in the first name and address page when ordering online at
    www.myshowplates.com

Your code is: XXAUGUST8

Entering this code will zero the standard postage/packaging costs from the
    basket representing a discount of between 12% and 20%

This offer is open until 30th September 08.

Cheers

Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The law on showplates is changing, as from november the 1st 2008 it will be illegal for shops/websites etc to sell showplates. Only fully road legal plates will be available showing the bs mark.

So anyone wanting showplates should get them bought pretty quick before its too late...

I know this because me and a work colleague run a company and we are a DVLA registered supplier, we got a letter from them last week advising of the new laws - its gonna affect alot of showplate companies. If they are caught supplying showplates after 1st November they can get fined £2500 per set sold !

Dont ya just love this country !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
    The law on showplates is changing, as from november the 1st 2008 it will be illegal for shops/websites etc to sell showplates. Only fully road legal plates will be available showing the bs mark.

So anyone wanting showplates should get them bought pretty quick before its too late...

I know this because me and a work colleague run a company and we are a DVLA registered supplier, we got a letter from them last week advising of the new laws - its gonna affect alot of showplate companies. If they are caught supplying showplates after 1st November they can get fined £2500 per set sold !

Dont ya just love this country !
    .....and this is the country that is "supposed" to encourage free enterprise and promote businesses. What a £%&$£"& joke

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    .....and this is the country that is "supposed" to encourage free enterprise and promote businesses. What a £%&$£"& joke

Its lucky me and my partner have other full time jobs, but theres loads of showplate companies out there that will go out of business.

I can understand it where people choose crazy fonts and alter the look of the digits etc but i dont see the harm in sidebadges and slogans...

It just seems in every aspect of life in this country we are being told we cannot do more and more things....anyway im packing up and moving to North Korea lol !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i own a number plate business and as for the law changing ur rite will affect the lot of us how ever does the letter not say any plate with a registration on must be legal ?
    there by my thoughts are to make up kits ie a show plate as such with out a reg on then supply self adhesive carbon fibre or black 3d gel domed lettering sets so the customer can add them there by not breakng a law?.
    any way we do the 3 part proper accrylic plates not the cheaper 2 part laser printed plates from just £16 a set at the moment and below is a pic of a 3d domed vauxhall plate for my vectra c just to show it off lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by callan View Post
    i own number plate business and as for the law changing ur rite will affect the lot of us how ever does the letter not say any plate with a registration on must be legal ?
    there by my thoughts are to make up kits ie a show plate as such with out a reg on then supply self adhesive carbon fibre or black 3d gel domed lettering sets so the customer can add them there by not breakng a law?.
    any way we do the 3 part proper accrylic plates not the cheaper 2 part laser printed plates from just £16 a set at the moment and below is a pic of a 3d domed vauxhall plate for my vectra c just to show it off lol

Id be very cautious about it as you could still be held liable for supplying the goods to produce illegal plates....i wouldnt like to be fined £2500 per set if I was caught...

How will affect your business callan ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well we will be closeing the show plates side and keeping the name and legal and pic plates ect as we have a fair investment in it but we will stream line it as much as possible with a new website that takes the legal details viaonline upload and video link . but we also do signage graphics and domeing so its a loss for sure but not to critical for us but would bebetter to figure a way around it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
    Id be very cautious about it as you could still be held liable for supplying the goods to produce illegal plates....i wouldnt like to be fined £2500 per set if I was caught...
    But with a disclaimer holding the buyer responsible for not supplying the correct and legal plate requirements it must avoid this. just a simple statement they have to tick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Danwells72 View Post
    But with a disclaimer holding the buyer responsible for not supplying the correct and legal plate requirements it must avoid this. just a simple statement they have to tick?
    A disclaimer will not count anymore thats why the DVLA have brought the new regulations... they want to stamp out showplates as they claim its all about criminals cloning cars etc.... its now the suppliers who are held responsible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2004

stupid...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast