Thread: Feedback needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Feedback needed

I need some feedbakc regarding Billing. I know its a long way away but it determines how much I prioritise sorting things for us.
    As we know, we are highly unlikely to get our own display stand. In fact we can virtually write that idea off.
    The options we are left with are;

1) people display with other clubs and maybe we can meet up during the weekend
    or,
    2) We all camp together, as a group, show the VBOA and Vauxhall that we exist and what we are about, in a spot as close as we can get to the show areas. We could put on our own little display and those that have been will know how much the show sprawls out anyway.

So i need some feedback. Do you want to all camp together and sacrifice displaying in the central hub for an unoffical display on the outskirts with other C's and signums, or would you rather be in the mddle of it all and display with the likes of Vxscc etc.

There are a number of issues that need raising also.
    1) a lot of us will have young children with us, who may need some relative quiet at night to go to bed?
    2) Getting a spot large enough for a big group of us may be hard, unless we plan it in advance, people save other people spots, or we all meet up prior to going in.

Lots to think about and well in advance, but i need some feedback so i can prioritise which events i give more attention too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My personal thoughts are option 2 - I feel displaying at billing isn't the highlight, its more just being there. The show for me is more like a huge meet than a show, so for me it doesnt really matter if we are official.

I reckon if we all meet up on the way - say at the last services on the M1 southbound, we can then "establish" very easily a dedicated spot. At night you may then move somewhere quieter if your kiddies cant cope with the noise.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was planning on getting my ticket / car pass through VXLscc and meeting up with anyone else that is going. I'll only be going for one of the days (Sat or Sun) anyway, so I won't be camping.

Last year Myself, Ian_C, Andyvec and Mr/Mrs Drinky pulled a fast one anyway and asked to move to a more suitable spot within the VXLscc stand and asked most of the other C's to join us. I don't think VXLscc were really aware of Vec-C as a club anyway so no-one minded. I'm not sure how easy it will be to do that this year.

I'm happy with meeting up with everyone on an unofficial stand (infact I prefer to show with Vec-C obviously) and show Vx and VBOA what we are all about and how professional we are. I'll still get my ticket through VXLscc as it'll be cheaper for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Option 2, should be easy enough to sort if enough people get there early enough, but it wont happen if everyone is only going to do just the one day.
    You need enough people to hog enough space for the day visitors.

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Deffo option 2 for the drinky clan we can do all weekend camping as well

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

option two for me, sounds like the best way to get noticed and maybe get our own stand next time or at other shows etc.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by carl bear
    option two for me, sounds like the best way to get noticed and maybe get our own stand next time or at other shows etc.

We will have stands at other shows mate, the problem with billing is there are a few criteria you need to meet, the main stumbling block being you need to have paying members, so we can`t have a stand there this year. We have a few ideas for getting there next year though. If you want to show on a stand you could come along to PVS or Trax this year where we will have a stand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im planning on showin my car at all the shows i can get too. just need to work out dates etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Or another option join club Irmscher its only £17.50 for 12 months im sure must of you have got irmscher stuff on your cars? We are made up with mk2 cavs and a few veccys with family's and we get a huge part of a feild too ask GG he came with us all last year. only thing we ask of you is to be a part of a small the club.

We do a raffle and all members get to vote for 3 best cars http://www.clubirmscher.wanadoo.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty tart
    ask GG he came with us all last year. only thing we ask of you is to be a part of a small the club.
    Yeah, and I learnt my lesson !!!

Lol

Yeah it's another option guys, similar benifits and discounts etc with Club Irmscher as there are with Vxlscc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information