Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default F*****g B******s

Some f*****g t**t changed the password on our ebay account in the early hours of today. The cheeky b*****ds listed lcd tellys, computer systems, and sound systems, incurring listing fees of £105.45....the b*****d. luckily enough fleabay noticed this and removed the items and suspended the account until we got in touch, which aint a bad thing..our lass is quite good with computers etc..(she still cant figure out how to make those cool signatures everyone has though...any info on how to make them GREATLY appreciated )..anyhow back to my rant...So my missis manages to change our details and gets us back on..this is when we find out all the listings but as we check further we see that they have all been suspended . As we look further we find the hijackers ip addy and a false e-mail (somewhere.com.tr) f*****g cheeky t**t. we have checked all our other "sensitive internet stuff" and all seems well...Has anyone else had this done and have they had to pay the charges incurred ??. If I could get my hands on the t**t whos responsible Id hold him while the missis sorted him out !!!. You cant do owt these days without some f*****g scummy thieving b*****d trying to scam you. finished rantin now, gonna have a cuppa and a fag and chill out !!!! Cheers, Bob.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you scanned your hard drive for Spyware Etc? That Maybe how they got into your accounts. Found loads on mine when I scanned it for the first time last month. Thankfully nothing dangerous though. Now I find about 5 - 10 dodgy files each day.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

unless you have filled in one of those scarily genuine looking 'please confirm you details' emails from ebay or internet banking, then you may have a trojan horse virus on your machine. Basically what it is doing is keeping a log of every site you visit and every keystroke you make on your pc. It will then send this log to an internet address somewhere deep within the realms. I had one and had to re format my hard drive. If you do have one, and they have used it to change ebay accounts, then its only a matter of time before they hit your bank accounts.

Personally though, im guessing you or you missus have inadvertly replied to one of the dodgy ebay emails.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

we use spysweeper and mcafee on a weekly basis....we dont answer any emails which want sensitive information via outlook express, we generally go to the site and do it from there if its genuine. I noticed that the pc was slow last night..so I did a spysweeper and mcafee check..at the same time the cheeky f****r was changing our password and listing his items.....nothing came up though..gonna update software (if needed) and do another sweep etc now to see if thers owt on....thanks guys..Bob

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exactly what Andy just said!

Monkyspunky sounds like he had a similar problem. Maybe you guys could give him a hand?

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just to add, that spyware is just that, its nothing malicous in itself. The vast majority dump a file in your registry which then calls up a pop up, everytime you log onto the net. They were once just used for advertising. Now, the hackers are using them to try and trick you into downloading a virus. As far as im aware, they cant do it themselves, it needs you to activate something by clicking a link etc.
    Getting rid of you spyware is a good idea but not really the casue of your problem. Im almost certain youve activated something, and opened the door to this hacker. Fingers crossed it may just be ebay related but i would ring your bank anyway and alert them to look out for strange activity on your account.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Agree with Andy, with a firewall in place, you HAVE to request the information, or the firewall wont let it in. Thereby with a virus scanner in place, all programs that can get on your pc will be stopped by the firewall or virus scanner, unless you override it.

unfortunately, even some trusted sites can become infected by viruses attaching themselves to other legit downloads performing the trojan horse thing. The only issue with the keyboard recorder is it is just that and records EVERY button pressed on the keyboard, making deciphering it time comsuming and sometimes impossible.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Once again its the minority that spoil it for everyone. Why don't they p*** off some where else and work for a living. B**tards.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just finished spysweeping and virus checking..had dialer.gen, prog name dieter.chm and adware.exploit, prog name c36bhs.dll picked up by mcafee, both erased easily. what I did notice is that the mcafee firewall was disabled ?? certainly not me or the missis has done that, and I dont think the kids would know how to do it. What I cant understand is that the windows firewall was enabled so how have our details been poached ?? and when I virus checked last night the system was clean....wtf !!! I think its probably as Andy says we have innocently opened a dodgy e-mail, ..Bob

P.S. weve contacted the bank etc...mind theres not much in so they cant take what I aint got..lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got Mcafee Firewall and Windows XP firwall. Apparently they can conflict (according to the manuals). Perhaps something got through this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information