I've got a funny feeling this isn't going to be a good response to this but... Is my car going up the swanny??

I drive (and only just picked this car up so gutted!!) a Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi (150ps) which has just turned 76k miles.

Noticed this 'problem' first whilst nearly home after driving back from work yesterday. I put my foot down to overtake a car on the motorway in 6th gear and the car seemed to 'judder' into acceleration and continue as I overtook. So got off the motorway and on the road to my house slowed right down and accelerated back up again in 2nd and the same thing happened.

Now previous to this you put your foot down in 2nd and you knew about it when the turbo kicks in!! To be fair the turbo is still kicking in, just not like it used to.

Anyway, got in the car this morning turned the ignition and the car turned over... then kind of had trouble ticking over, you know like when you have to hit the throttle to keep the engine revving?? So started driving off and started experiencing the limping/juddering along again and then notice that the spanner light (with the car behind) kept showing while limping along.

The light seemed to come on below 2500 / 3000 rpm... above that seemed to go out but was still shuddering.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've done a search and seen a couple of threads mentioning limping along but don't really go into detail about what the definition of 'limping along' is... maybe its because I'm a newbie I don't know

I'm just worried my car might have to go in for some work and it will be out of action I just love driving it!!