StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unbelievable

Hi All

Really P***ed Me Off Today,and This Aint The First Time This Has Happened,i Was Drivin Down The M56 From The M6 Interchange Junction To The Direction Of Wales And I Was In Da Fast Lane And The Traffic Was Pretty Busy,next Minute I Had To Pull Quickly Into The Middle Lane As There Was 2 White Volvo`s At A Rediculous Speed,they Must Of Passed Me At About 115mph,when They Passed Realised That On The Back Of The Boot Lid It Said- Police Training On A Sticker ,now I Think That Was Right Outa Order Using These Motorways For Training Especially With Innocent Drivers On The Road,doin That Sort Of Speed On Public Roads Think Somefin Need To Be Done About This Sort Of Behavour,if We Were To Do This Then We`d Be Banned Straight Away So Why Should Them Get Away With It,although I Understand They Are In Training But I`m Sure They Can Find Somewere Else To Do The Training Than Puttin Innocent Drivers At Risk Of Accidents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see these guys too on a regular basis between M60 and Runcorn. Have to agree they can be a bit wreckless. I had one come right up my backside once. Not impressed. If they had some lights on or something At least we serfs would know what was goin' on and see them coming. The sign on the back is almost an after thought. First time I saw it I mis-read it because it was so small.

I have to support training though after the wacky races experiences I had last week. Maybe there'd be more police on the road. Just wish they would catch the wreckless idiots out there!

At least it's work based. I often got the bus home from school as a kid and a ways saw 4 or 5 police cars tankin' it from the M53 J4 towards Bromborough. After a while I twigged It was the end of their shift and they wanted to get home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry guys...having done this particular driving course it taught me to drive on a higher level compared to how I normally drove. But my defence is that it teaches us to drive at speed safely whilst bieng aware of other traffic. Im not trying to justify thier actions as considerations MUST be given to other road users and we had to use audible and visual warnings when claiming the exemption to exceed the speed limit. If they dont do this then in my eyes it is classed as Dangerous driving....I can sympathise with your frustrations as I would feel the same if I had no warning etc..

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with you Andy, even the lead car needs to have Blues & Twos once they decide to break the speed limits. I've seen a couple of white Volvos on the M56 doing training and it was difficult to see that they weren't just idiots having a race.

I've done an emergency appliance (fire Vehicles) driving course, conducted by Kent Constabulary and we always had blues & twos on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy
    ... Im not trying to justify thier actions as considerations MUST be given to other road users and we had to use audible and visual warnings when claiming the exemption to exceed the speed limit. If they dont do this then in my eyes it is classed as Dangerous driving....I can sympathise with your frustrations as I would feel the same if I had no warning etc..
    I guess GMP have a different policy on safety!

There is definately no visible signage or lights/ sirens. As AJA says first time I spotted it I thought two R Soles having a race!

The sign on the rear would happily fit on a plastic 12" ruler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Fire Brigade a few years ago a m8 of mine lost his EFAD's license as he would not exceed the speed limit whilst on his refresher course without the blues n two's. His instructor said it was ok as they had an understanding with North Wales Police. He refused and was told he could not put on the blues n two's as he was not on an emergency.
    Maybe the same for the police. Not that i condone it on a busy motorway for 1 minute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess im playing devils advocate as i actaully dont mind it and would rather they did it on a busy motorway, with a highly trained instructor sat beside them and 2 extra sets of eye in the back, than be faced with a high speed pursuit on a busy motorway one day and never had the training. Its like the army never being allowed to fire live rounds... its just not real enough unless youre thrown right in at the deep end.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you Andy, training is invaluable in every situation. But I do think the cars need to be clearly marked up at the very least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible to simulate driving conditions. The whole point is teaching drivers to anticipate what others may do. If you use blues and twos all the time, most would just move overr automatically, which wouldn't teach the pupil anything. Although having said that, there's aways the ones that see the lights (you can't hear sirens on the m/way) and stop in the outside lane!!

Driving course speeds have been reduced dramatically since I took my advanced test 8 years ago, almost to the point of being worthless on occasions.

As for guys 'rushing back' at the end of their shift...if you had any idea of the culture inside the job these days, you'd appreciate that it just doesn't happen now. There's always a 'Victor Meldrew' ready to ring in and complain about the slightest thing. If you're really unlucky, you end up with you're picture in the Sun while you get your chips!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually having thought about it, I'd rather have a Police Training Vehicle flying up behind me than a t055er chav or a white van man. At least the driver in the Police Training Vehicle is being told where he is going wrong. The others just get as close as they can, even though you've got no-where to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information