Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I never win holidays like this, why ???
    Well for a start you have "won" nothing when you get a call or a mail shot. You're just the next person on the list.

It's all done from a marketing list. I subscribed to quite a few different magazines years ago and I assume they will have sold my details on.

We used to be inundated with phone calls before we subscribed to the Telephone Preference Service and now we get one a year. Junk mail still arrives in it's droves though. The missus spelt her name incorrectly when signing up to a medical website and within 6 months crap was arriving with her name spelt the same incorrect way. All the rubbish from Sainsburys has this name on so they clearly bought it from that source.

Maybe you always tick the box that says you don't wish to have your details passed on to a third party (as I alwayd do now) when you buy stuff Ste?

Your details can also be also sold from the electoral role unless you opt out as well. A friend of ours who is a driving instructor was able to buy this list to identify a market for potential customers. i.e 17. 18 year olds. He then did a mailshot offering the first two lessons "free"
    Last edited by Stevel; 6th August 2008 at 09:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I usually tick the box.

I feel left out now, maybe I should stop ticking the boxes and get some junk mail and calls. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well we will be having our prelude holiday beginning of October, so we will let you know how it goes. We won't be having our free one until May next year, which is all payed for by the company for 4 people, any extras pay £29.50 each.

Everyone who becomes a member pays £600 and gets those , including the 5 holidays for the 3 year trial, then can go a little further after that and have a full membership for life.

These 5 star apartments cost £1000 to £2000 a week if you go with an agency, (we looked it up) so to us this is a lot of saving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds so dodgy, I wouldnt have the guts to do it.

and that not because its wrong....

at the moment i couldnt even afford the registration fee........lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    sounds so dodgy, I wouldnt have the guts to do it.

and that not because its wrong....

at the moment i couldnt even afford the registration fee........lol
    There are lots of timeshares that are scams, this company used to be named one of them by the press, because people didn't know anything about it until the business went up, and changed in so many ways to make it more cheaper for members and now Club La Costa are known everywhere around the world.

This only becomes cheaper if you are looking to go on holiday more than once a year though, in which we intend to do

Regular Member Vauxhall Thru & Thru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

!!! Be careful !!!
    I used to work for a company called 'sunshine holidays' (a long time ago now, please don't hold it against me). My role was to cold call people and explain that they had won a holiday for 4, no strings attached. The person calling you was on a commission based salary - with the sole purpose of getting you to attend the timeshare presentation. He would have been reading from a well prepared script, telling you 'half-truths' about the 'prize' you have 'won'.
    In my prevous job, All the victims (sorry, I meant 'lucky winners') had to do was attend a 'short' presentation about timeshare, but were not obliged to purchase. 'Feedback' (aka complaints) after the event was that 'short' really meant 'long' and that the sales were very high pressure, and very pursuasive. Some individuals had to travel very long distances just to attend the timeshare presentation. Even if you do not buy (and be assured, you will be very tempted - the sales reps are very good) you will probably received a voucher for a free holiday at the end (I say 'free' because you will probably still have to pay 'holiday tax' - to cover airport taxes etc) - but there will almost certainly be conditions attached as to when you are able to take the holiday (will likely be inconvenient off-peak times) and where you can take them (typically the canaries, greece - budget destinations).
    If I were you, I wouldn't even entertain going. Your time and effort simply aren't worth what you may receive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree, would not sign, give financial details to this for love nor money as they say you get nothing in this world for free. I would rather have the freedom to go where/when I like even if it does cost me extra. From what I have seen these companies promise you the world to sign up, but reality is, where you want to go on hols and when, is rarely avail and it all breaks down. They then start the 'pay for extra/Platinum membership' = more money to try and get the apartment/area/dates you want and the circle goes on and on and on until the 'customer' decides I want out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon_C View Post
    OMG I recently had a phonecall to say i won a holiday for 4 people, 7 days to the Canaries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon_C View Post

Everyone who becomes a member pays £600.

I honestly hope this works out for you but TBH even if I knew zilch about these companies there's enough information on this thread including a couple of posts from people who used to do this for a living to have me walk away.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.
    Last edited by Stevel; 7th August 2008 at 00:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.
    Thank you, and thank you everyone else for your posts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information