Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Re map

OK so I get a remap on my new 1.9 cdti. How do I get it back to standard? is it easy? Will anyone (ie when it's in for a service) ever know? By the way it's a company car so keep it quiet........

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Best put a tuning box in, then you can remove it at will, do a search on the forum, I am sure there has been a thread on them in the past ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie
    I am sure there has been a thread on them in the past ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

light the fuse and stand well back......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You have a major benefit of a tuning box in the fact that it is easily removable, the only down side is that if you have an incident and for some reason you can't get under the bonnet to remove it, this could cause you a problem. But we all know the chances of not getting it off is realitively remote.

With a re-map, the Regal, Courtenay and soon to be VXR re-maps are totally invisible to dealer diagnostic equipment, here's how they work.

A tuning company like Courtenay or Regal with extract the map from the ECU via the diagnostic port by means of serial programmer.

This programme is then modified to the specification of the tuning company. the map is then re-installed via the serial programmer in the same way it was exracted.

By doing this, the cars map code remains the same so tech 2 will see no difference. Should a dealer over write the ECU for what ever reason, all is not lost.

Courtenay will be happy to re-install the map for you should a wipe ever be done. You are given a customer key so this is the gateway they need. Courtenay would not normally charge for this, I am sure Regal are the same but I can;t comment as I have not used them.

The other benefit of the re-map is that should anyone look under the bonnet, nothing has changed, and being a standard spec company car (No disrespect) it should not raise any eye brows when in for servicing.

A re-map technically is the better solution to tuning the car but does come at a higher price than a tuning box.

The choice is yours. Hope this helps.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Matt, you have cleared up a few questions which I had ... And this I presume would be the same for me ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes it should be.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    You have a major benefit of a tuning box in the fact that it is easily removable, the only down side is that if you have an incident and for some reason you can't get under the bonnet to remove it, this could cause you a problem. But we all know the chances of not getting it off is realitively remote.

With a re-map, the Regal, Courtenay and soon to be VXR re-maps are totally invisible to dealer diagnostic equipment, here's how they work.

A tuning company like Courtenay or Regal with extract the map from the ECU via the diagnostic port by means of serial programmer.

This programme is then modified to the specification of the tuning company. the map is then re-installed via the serial programmer in the same way it was exracted.

By doing this, the cars map code remains the same so tech 2 will see no difference. Should a dealer over write the ECU for what ever reason, all is not lost.

Courtenay will be happy to re-install the map for you should a wipe ever be done. You are given a customer key so this is the gateway they need. Courtenay would not normally charge for this, I am sure Regal are the same but I can;t comment as I have not used them.

The other benefit of the re-map is that should anyone look under the bonnet, nothing has changed, and being a standard spec company car (No disrespect) it should not raise any eye brows when in for servicing.

A re-map technically is the better solution to tuning the car but does come at a higher price than a tuning box.

The choice is yours. Hope this helps.
    Cheers Matt, you confirmed my thoughts about re-mapping

Thread Information