User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Dear Duncan...

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South east
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Dear Duncan...

    You've posted in a thread which you've since closed to further replies that I'm talking "rubbish" when I say that this forum apparently tolerates racism and bigotry.

    Well, what do YOU call it when people are allowed to make blatantly racist comments such as "current location is flooding with blacks because of the knife situation in London", and that he is tempted to "stand for election, which I'm considering, but I will be a white British Hitler" - the post is highlighted to moderators but doesn't get deleted, the poster doesn't get banned, and others make it clear they support his racist opinions.

    That's NOT tolerating racism??? Wake up dear boy.

  2. #2
    Regular Member glenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sunny Dartmoor
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I for one don't support any racist opinions m8,think you need to calm down and rethink what you're writing,it may sound like racism to you but to me it doesn't,definately need to chill out and just forget what has been said before and move on..............

  3. #3
    Regular Member steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ashington, Northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You need to read outside of the lines and understand the context it was wrote in.. i read that post and didn't find it racist at all. Certain words and phrases taken out of the original context may be seen differently to how they were originally wrote as you have shown above but that still doesn't mean racism. Think you need to vent the 'bee in your bonnet' and understand that i and i'm sure i speak for every member on this forum do not like or believe in racism and things as above if read in the whole post are nothing but general comments.

  4. #4
    Regular Member MuteJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    51°47’47”N, 0°48’38”W
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    ...current location is flooding with blacks because of the knife situation in London...
    This certainly sounds racist to me, however, we are a country of free speech (unless you're Abu Hamza), and I feel censorship in this instance would be undesirable. I disagree with closing the thread to further responses as people should be allowed to air their disagreement with the above statement in the same way that it should be allowed to be made.

    I would assume that ALL posts on these forums are the views of those that post them, and not necessarily those of the forum owners and operators.

    The basis of free speech includes allowing the opinions of those you disagree with to be aired too.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nr Cardiff
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Why doesn't everyone just take a chill pill, shake hands and forget about all this rubbish.
    I've been here several years now and this WAS a really friendly forum until recently.
    People need to stop reading too many things into posts, you can't express emotions on the internet!

  6. #6
    Regular Member corman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    hexham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    all i can say is Mr Rebellion, is if you dont like it, you know where the red cross is in the top right corner...... nobody is making you stay here

    totally agree with triple trouble

  7. #7
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi Q7

    Trim : S-Line Plus 245

    Engine : 3.0 TDV6

    Year : 2013

    Mileage : 3023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuteJoe View Post
    however, we are a country of free speech (unless you're Abu Hamza)
    That is how it used to be... No such thing as free speach now m8, because you are instantley critisized and branded a racist if someone doesn't agree with you... BTW have you ever been to finsbury when the above mentioned hook handed hate monger was sprouting his racist ****e!! The streets were closed by his racist thugs who tried to intimdate people while he was gobbing off racist crap..!!!

  8. #8
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi Q7

    Trim : S-Line Plus 245

    Engine : 3.0 TDV6

    Year : 2013

    Mileage : 3023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    You've posted in a thread which you've since closed to further replies that I'm talking "rubbish" when I say that this forum apparently tolerates racism and bigotry.

    Well, what do YOU call it when people are allowed to make blatantly racist comments such as "current location is flooding with blacks because of the knife situation in London", and that he is tempted to "stand for election, which I'm considering, but I will be a white British Hitler" - the post is highlighted to moderators but doesn't get deleted, the poster doesn't get banned, and others make it clear they support his racist opinions.

    That's NOT tolerating racism??? Wake up dear boy.
    I dont think that user's locations are screened, And I'm sure Duncan has a life off the forum that he'd like to live rather than spending all his time vetting all members Locations on the off chance it offends YOU....
    Every post that i've read of Yours seems to have a lot of negative comments in it from You...
    If you want to spend your days arguing on a forum go find one that caters for your needs... This is a car forum afterall and NOT a poilitcs forum (Ref Your views on the congestion charge thread that you turned into an emissions debate"
    Your username sums you up a treat.. and You seem to be out to cause trouble..
    As mentioned by others, if you dont like it you know what to do..

    I'd also say from that from some of the post's i've read of VV's that he is not a racist!!!
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 24th July 2008 at 12:09.

  9. #9
    On a Sabbatical VauxVeteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nicking Ya Dinner.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    That is how it used to be... No such thing as free speach now m8, because you are instantley critisized and branded a racist if someone doesn't agree with you... BTW have you ever been to finsbury when the above mentioned hook handed hate monger was sprouting his racist ****e!! The streets were closed by his racist thugs who tried to intimdate people while he was gobbing off racist crap..!!!

    Thanks Pete, that kinda explains how things are now, ppl walking on egg shells, the times I hear..."I shouldn't really say it but" but why shouldn't ppl say what they feel, if you don't correct something it continues to gain in annoyance, for Rebellion, if you really feel I'm a racist then so be it, but I can assure you you are so wrong, and wrong way before the "good party" decided to poke it's nose in, I like humour and I don't care who it is with, if ppl like you got off the box and actually lived instead of wandering around with the *I must not upset or offend anyone today* module working overtime you might find we'd all get along better, two ppl who are watching what they say can never become true friends because they will never relax and just enjoy each other, anyway, you have the option to ignore me if you really feel I'm a bad guy and not who you wish to read, please feel free to excersize this right, because I ain't changing for you or anyone else.

  10. #10
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    And I'm sure Duncan has a life off the forum.....
    Yep, I certainly do and I'm not even going to waste my time typing any reply specifically 'answering' your post Rebellion - I think all the posts above by other people pretty much sum it up.

    What I will say is this...

    1) If you have an issue with a particular post by somebody DON'T go off on one in the thread and have a rant - report the post if you feel the need to.

    2) If you disagree with something done by a Mod/Admin, again DON'T go off starting a thread ranting about it. PM or e-mail Mods/Admin.

    It's all clearly stated in the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Every post that i've read of Yours seems to have a lot of negative comments in it from You...
    If you want to spend your days arguing on a forum go find one that caters for your needs... This is a car forum afterall and NOT a poilitcs forum (Ref Your views on the congestion charge thread that you turned into an emissions debate"
    Your username sums you up a treat.. and You seem to be out to cause trouble..
    As mentioned by others, if you dont like it you know what to do..
    Sums it up nicely really.


    Quote Originally Posted by MuteJoe View Post
    I disagree with closing the thread to further responses as people should be allowed to air their disagreement with the above statement in the same way that it should be allowed to be made.
    Have you actually seen which thread it was that was closed that is being referred to? It doesn't sound like it. The thread that was closed was the one that had been posted to highlight the Mods to the original thread. As it had run it's course and was in danger of itself going off on one it was closed. The original thread was never closed and remains open now for people to post in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    I've been here several years now and this WAS a really friendly forum until recently.
    Err, I think you'll find that the forum is still a friendly place. Don't tar the whole forum with the same brush just because of a few individuals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oh Dear
    By larrysSRI in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th March 2012, 17:19
  2. DVD 500 DVD 800 dear god help me!
    By Vectralicker in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 15:33
  3. Insignia Depriciation,Oh dear? Oh dear?
    By sparky71a in forum Insignia car chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 5th November 2008, 21:58
  4. Dear oh dear...oh dear.....
    By bennyk in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30th April 2008, 02:52
  5. Oh Dear!!
    By taffy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 6th June 2006, 17:53

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •