Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default DTUK ECO3 on CDTI SRI 150

Hi,

I'm just after some honest opinions from people regarding the DTUK ECO3 box. I'm thinking of getting one for my CDTI 150 but need to know if it has any negative effects on the life of the engine/car. My reason for asking is I do a fair few miles (like 5000 a month!) and need to know if its gonna send my car to an early grave given the miles it will be doing in such short periods.

Cheers!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It all depends on how you drive it.

Don't go mad with the adjustment on these boxes.More adjustment sometimes means just more smoke and not necessarily more power.If you can 'feel' a difference then leave it alone.
    Last edited by diesel dog; 24th July 2008 at 11:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Are you saying the ECO3 will not work on a facelift model? I'm getting the car next week (57 plate) and have not yet ordered the ECO3... by the looks of things I'm glad I haven't ordered it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used a CR box on my last 3 vectras, covering about 70000miles and without hitch. I also ran two passat tdi's with tuning boxes and had no problems with it. The only time you'll have problems is when you drive it like a muppet all of the time and then you'd probably have problems without any box installed. The boxes are great if you want the occasional bit more 'poke' for that motorway drive. I found it definitely improved my economy and gave me the little extra grunt required. Any car doing 5000miles a month is doing serious mileage so keep the oil changed regular and service it properly and I dont see why you should have any issues.

The DTUK green box is good as it doesnt run like other boxes and overfuel at top speeds in 6th etc. You can adjust it but as said above, just leave the setting on minimum if you can feel the difference, and you will.

The car I have just done the work on now has a remap and I only did that because it's the wifes car and I can put it back to standard whenever she is using it but if I have it for a few days i can map it.
    There are a few boxes available out there so choose wisely. Cheapest isnt always best with few exceptions.
    The red box from dtuk is quicker in top gear than the green one by the way but doesnt feel that much different lower down.

I have a lot of info files on the DTUK tuning boxes but dont expect 206bhp as it's not gonna happen. Hope to get 180-185bhp and just enjoy the torque increase. Torque gives better acceleration, bhp gives the power to pull to a higher top speed. Diesels+more torque=some upset sports car drivers. :-)
    Sent you a PM PeterSaxon
    Last edited by mikey68; 24th July 2008 at 11:53.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by petersaxon View Post
    Are you saying the ECO3 will not work on a facelift model? I'm getting the car next week (57 plate) and have not yet ordered the ECO3... by the looks of things I'm glad I haven't ordered it....
    Sorry about that.I have revised my first post.Getting mixed up between EURO and ECO.

The box should be fine.

Thread Information