Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default DPF regen cycle?

Hi,

I have today had the DPF on the 1.9Cdti updated under a VX recall.

I had a Caterman fitted for about 1100 mile but last week got a Eml light. Took it into vaux for investigation and they told me the DPF had caused the eml light and needed a software upgrade?

Does anyone know what the old software cycle was or what the new one is? I am weary of putting the Caterman back on the car in case this was the cause?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Rgs

Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

BTTT - if anyone can offer some advice?

Regs

Bobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My understating is that the recall tells the DPF to regenerate at more frequent intervals even in less than ideal circumstances to circumvent the issue of it getting full because people never take their cars on a long run.

HTH

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Correct.

The original Regen cycle was every 10,000 miles but only at sustained speeds of 60mph+, ie only on a motorway run. Obviously not everyone does motorway driving and stop-start around town fills up the DPF much quicker.

The updated cycle is every 3000 miles at speeds over 30mph, so should reduce dramatically the number of DPF-related problems they have to deal with. AFAIK everyone who has the latest software had no issues with tuning boxes any more.

Remaps will include even more frequent DPF regen cycles to compensate for the extra fuelling (trust me, I know ) but the Vx update seems to work fine for everyone else.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
    Correct.

The original Regen cycle was every 10,000 miles but only at sustained speeds of 60mph+, ie only on a motorway run. Obviously not everyone does motorway driving and stop-start around town fills up the DPF much quicker.

The updated cycle is every 3000 miles at speeds over 30mph, so should reduce dramatically the number of DPF-related problems they have to deal with. AFAIK everyone who has the latest software had no issues with tuning boxes any more.

Remaps will include even more frequent DPF regen cycles to compensate for the extra fuelling (trust me, I know ) but the Vx update seems to work fine for everyone else.

HTH
    Are these software upgrades actually official Vx recalls, or at least available to all who request them FOC?

I've had my 1.9CDTi 5 weeks and no DPF regen has taken place yet and it wouldn't do whichever S/W system was installed as the mileage has gone from 37.4k to 38.4k miles while I've had it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Are these software upgrades actually official Vx recalls, or at least available to all who request them FOC?

I've had my 1.9CDTi 5 weeks and no DPF regen has taken place yet and it wouldn't do whichever S/W system was installed as the mileage has gone from 37.4k to 38.4k miles while I've had it.

They are an official recall/update. Call Vx Customer service & they will tell you if there is anything outstanding against that vehicle..

As for the Regen, You may well of had one & just not noticed, There are no visual warnings that one is taking place.. I only always cotton on by the exhaust note changing & the fuel consumption going sky high, If you stop at a junction during one, you will probaly smell rubber (Exhaust mountings) & then get plumes of blue smoke as you pull away, Otherwise you may well be none the wiser

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Guys....

When do you know when the DPF regen cycle is taking place - is there a light on the dash or similar?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Paul82 View Post
    Guys....

When do you know when the DPF regen cycle is taking place - is there a light on the dash or similar?

Thanks
    I was under the impression (Page 194 of the Drivers Handbook) that during a DPF regen cycle, the Diesel preheat operation (coil) symbol on the dash flashes for the duration of the program but maybe it varies between pre F/L & F/L models if DeanF, assuming his is a pre F/L 2005, has no indication on his.
    Last edited by Pete B; 23rd July 2008 at 12:07. Reason: Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    I was under the impression (Page 194 of the Drivers Handbook) that during a DPF regen cycle, the Diesel preheat operation (coil) symbol on the dash flashes for the duration of the program but maybe it varies between pre F/L & F/L models if DeanF, assuming his is a pre F/L 2005, has no indication on his.
    Oh, I've now seen the previous thread:

http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=38726

describing why there is no visual indicator. Seems like a case of too many who didn't read their manuals when a cycle occurred and they got the flashing indicator light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Paul82 View Post
    Guys....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanF View Post
    They are an official recall/update. Call Vx Customer service & they will tell you if there is anything outstanding against that vehicle..

As for the Regen, You may well of had one & just not noticed, There are no visual warnings that one is taking place.. I only always cotton on by the exhaust note changing & the fuel consumption going sky high, If you stop at a junction during one, you will probaly smell rubber (Exhaust mountings) & then get plumes of blue smoke as you pull away, Otherwise you may well be none the wiser

Dean

It pays to read all the posts before replying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information