Thread: Finished my JCLM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Finished my JCLM.

Eventually finished it on Friday after 2 weeks of sitting in a classroom and 4 nights in the field. First 2 weeks were **** apart from drilling a squad(marching them around) which wasn't too bad and stood out from the rest with my drill voice One guy got binned for cheating, he's from the same unit as me and the guys running the course are all mates of mine so he'll get f0cked. Done a day and night nav on the second week which was a good beasting session and got beaten by 1min on the night nav, but me and the other fella done well.

Went on exercise this past sunday afternoon with the heaviest kit I've ever taken on any exercise, was a ridiculous amount of crap that wasn't needed, but had to take it anyway because we were getting treated like children Started patrolling straight away done my IC position and done the patrol. Then got 2IC and had to make a model which I ****ed off completely and it was ****. Got bo11ocked on Monday for being lazy and not pulling our weight so for that the whole platoon went for a ''lesson'' On how to go through a puddle with webbing and rifles while on your belt buckle, not nice and quiet a few guys had phones on them so they were f0cked, mine included, but it was an exercise phone anyway so just waiting to see if it works after it dries out. One guy binned it after that as he's got wellfare problems and needed a phone and a few were ready to do the same, again me included, but it would be a waste of time and I'd look like a pr1ck back at my unit. The rifles were gunged up with muck and water so needed completely gutting and the magazines needed emptied and gutted as well. It deffo worked though and gave the idol ****s a kick up the ar$e so after that it was farely easy going, do the patrols and work together. Re-done my 2IC position in the daylight this time and got everyone involved so looked much better then went for a nice 10km walk Some muppet went down with dehydration and exhaustion and had nothing like the kit he needed to survive for 2 days never mind 4. Got bugged out on Tuesday night which was a disgrace as I was left by my section Tabbed 3miles at 0100Hrs to our new location and stayed there for the next 2 nights. Finally had a platoon attack on enemy positions on a mahoosive f0ckin hill at 0300 Thursday morning which was mint, got put IC of 1 section and that meant I was one of the best 3 on the course. Attacked or position and ragged our balls off running around and done really well as a team and couldn't have been happier with our performance especially as 2 guys were physically downgraded due to injuries, but they should how much they are capable of and I think thats what made me happiest.

After all was said and done I got 2nd best of the course which although sounds good is the 1st worst IMO, I'm too competitive for my own good and hate anything other than first, was decided on the fact that he gave a lesson to his section where as I just demonstrated a fire control order, F0CKIN GAY Not to worry though as because the guys who were running the course work with me they're going to big me up to the boss which will hopefully help my promotion prospects massively

Have lost a few pounds and got a bit of muscle again so going to get some good phys in and hopefully do something else as being a tech is ****. Got recommended to be a Military Training Instructor and have ambitions for it so going to start eyeing that up. Also thinking about doing P-coy if my body can cope with it

Bodies in bits, but enjoyed it a lot and do miss doing the soldier stuff

Just for those that don't know JCLM(junior Command and Leadership Management) Is a compulsery course for promotion to Cpl. So just waiting out now to see if/when I get my tape

Cheers for reading

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Best of luck getting your stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wait until your seniors and Divisional Officers c*ap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by n_hudson View Post
    Wait until your seniors and Divisional Officers c*ap!
    Ex-serviceman?

Never heard anything about Div officer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lol sounds massively diffrerent to our JLMC lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Us essence bootneck's, when we reach the dizzy heights of SNCO, we have to go on a pink and fluffy bubble wrap course on how to hold peoples hand's and wipe their asses for them when they miss their mummy's and daddy's... It's b*llocks. Too many faggots joining up these days, too concerned with their f*cking daivd beckham haircut than their oppo's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by KieronGSI View Post
    Lol sounds massively diffrerent to our JLMC lol
    Real men join the Army, others go to the RAF and Navy

Just messing
    Quote Originally Posted by n_hudson View Post
    Us essence bootneck's, when we reach the dizzy heights of SNCO, we have to go on a pink and fluffy bubble wrap course on how to hold peoples hand's and wipe their asses for them when they miss their mummy's and daddy's... It's b*llocks. Too many faggots joining up these days, too concerned with their f*cking daivd beckham haircut than their oppo's.
    Couldn't agree more and the standard of soldiers is slipping way too low. People were passing the course that couldn't manage there DVD collection never mind a bunch of young squaddies. Not even sure if I'll go as far as being a stripy, just don't want to become a useless desk jockey.
    Last edited by mark1319; 19th July 2008 at 23:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lmfao!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anyway, congrat's on reaching CPL, not many ppl can be bothered to lead from the front these days. Life's too easy as a dam JR... LOL!

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well done mate - I took the easy route and joined the RAF...

And good luck if you go for P-Company, it's more than I would ever believe i could even think of doing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information