User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oh, f'crying out loud. Insurance companies, eh?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Oh, f'crying out loud. Insurance companies, eh?

Insurance companies reduce me tears sometimes, honestly.
    Last year I had some idiot run in the back of me. The story's here As I've got fully comp insurance, the damage was fixed pretty quickly, but cost me £150 excess. Then the company passed the whole case to a claim handling company to get their and my money back. After a few months, they kept telling me that the driver of the other car was denying being anywhere near at the time -then they realized they had the wrong registration for the other car.
    I kept chasing for progress, but always got the reply that they were waiting for the other insurance company. Then they said that the other party was, once again, denying being anywhere nearby, even though I'd driven to his house and phtographed his car outside his house and sent it to them. Then I got another claim form asking for "any more information" in April this year. I really couldn't help, and told them so. They said they would close the claim, as I hadn't responded. I got very irate, pointing out that I'd supplied everything possible and they went away again.
    A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from my insurers. saying that the claim was now settled, and that I should ring them to discuss the change to my premium next year. I duly called them, and was told that it had been settled as a no fault claim, and that I was not liable for anything. "So what about my excess?" I asked. "You'll have to ring our claim handlers for that" They replied. So I rang them. "your case has been closed because you didn't supply the information we asked for" they said. I pointed out that the insurance company had said that the claim was settled, and where was my excess. They said they'd ring me back.
    20 minutes later, I got a call to say that I would get the excess back in a couple of weeks -and today it arrived!
    The big question is -would they have paid me back the excess without being chased? What do you think?
    I've sent an appropriet letter to my insurers!

Sorry for the rant, but I hate having to do the job that I thought I'd paid someone else to do!

Phil. Off to spend £150.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hand down, no they wouldnt have.

I had a simliar experience with a previus insurer.

Except in my case i still ahd the details of the guy who hit me, so i rang him and asked whould he mind telling me what he told his insurers as mine were playing silly ******s with my money.

Luckily he was a nice guy and played ball, so when i got those excuses from my insurer, i hit them with "No, he's not contesting it, i've spoken to him, and he's sat next to me right now, so WHERES MY MONEY!"

I think that was a trump card a week later, checque arrives

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Veccy C

Trim : SRI

Engine : CDTi

Perhaps we sould have a thread.. good and bad insurers.. so we all know what firm desrerves our money

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Result in the end,insurance companies can be right annoying B4st4rds........

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SignumPhil View Post
    Insurance companies reduce me tears sometimes, honestly.
    Last year I had some idiot run in the back of me. The story's here As I've got fully comp insurance, the damage was fixed pretty quickly, but cost me £150 excess. Then the company passed the whole case to a claim handling company to get their and my money back. After a few months, they kept telling me that the driver of the other car was denying being anywhere near at the time -then they realized they had the wrong registration for the other car.
    I kept chasing for progress, but always got the reply that they were waiting for the other insurance company. Then they said that the other party was, once again, denying being anywhere nearby, even though I'd driven to his house and phtographed his car outside his house and sent it to them. Then I got another claim form asking for "any more information" in April this year. I really couldn't help, and told them so. They said they would close the claim, as I hadn't responded. I got very irate, pointing out that I'd supplied everything possible and they went away again.
    A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from my insurers. saying that the claim was now settled, and that I should ring them to discuss the change to my premium next year. I duly called them, and was told that it had been settled as a no fault claim, and that I was not liable for anything. "So what about my excess?" I asked. "You'll have to ring our claim handlers for that" They replied. So I rang them. "your case has been closed because you didn't supply the information we asked for" they said. I pointed out that the insurance company had said that the claim was settled, and where was my excess. They said they'd ring me back.
    20 minutes later, I got a call to say that I would get the excess back in a couple of weeks -and today it arrived!
    The big question is -would they have paid me back the excess without being chased? What do you think?
    I've sent an appropriet letter to my insurers!

Sorry for the rant, but I hate having to do the job that I thought I'd paid someone else to do!

Phil. Off to spend £150.
    Yes m8 ??which company is it,so we all know to avoid.Sorry to here of your experiance but quite rightly you should not have to do there job for em.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's not so much the insurance companies, it's the underwriters
    If you then have add-ons to the policy these can be with different companies
    I've made two non-fault claims recently
    In each case I had a letter from the other party, arrived within 14 days, advising their client was accepting full liability

The car was then booked in for repairs, as per the insurance companies claim agent
    The policy excess was then paid to the repair agent and the receipt sent to the legal protection policy company
    I also sent any and all other receipts, including replacement hire vehicles, telephone, and loss of earnings
    Payment was received about three weeks later
    A week later a letter from the underwriter listing the full settlement of the claim and a disclaimer for me to sign and return that the claim was settled

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    It's not so much the insurance companies, it's the underwriters
    If you then have add-ons to the policy these can be with different companies
    I've made two non-fault claims recently
    In each case I had a letter from the other party, arrived within 14 days, advising their client was accepting full liability

The car was then booked in for repairs, as per the insurance companies claim agent
    The policy excess was then paid to the repair agent and the receipt sent to the legal protection policy company
    I also sent any and all other receipts, including replacement hire vehicles, telephone, and loss of earnings
    Payment was received about three weeks later
    A week later a letter from the underwriter listing the full settlement of the claim and a disclaimer for me to sign and return that the claim was settled
    It's not the underwriters - underwriters set premiums, claims handlers deal with claims.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The last three claims, I've never spoken to the company I bought the policy from, all the documents and contact are with the underwriter, usually Groupama
    Wht I don't get with them is that their comprehensive and legal cover policies seem to be handled completely separately

Thread Information