User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me feel better about my SXi (Long Post)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My old SXi had 16" wheels D, with 215 55's I think. The later SXi models (after mid 04) had the firmer sports suspension

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I cant speak for the New Mondeo but i had a MK3 02 Mondeo and did 80k in it.

I have no badge loyalty and can honestly say in my opinion the vectra is far better, Mondeo was spot on and cant say there was anything wrong with it, but much happier with the Vec.

Sounds like u got a good deal on the SXI, enjoy it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

From the looks of it, your only real niggle is the squeaking auxiliary belt which as Big Sig says should be sorted which is easily done. The suspension is sports suspension which has better handling than standard suspension and makes it feel more sporty.

Take no notice of those banging on about the Ford Mondeo if your car looks, drives and feels the way you want it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just what Duncan has said ,i was in the stealers last week gettin a key reprogrammed and they told me if i didn't know them a key reprogramme would be 35+vat and as D says a new key and programme about £65 all in.

Can i just also say this thread has turned into a everyones taste in cars is different and the guy wants advice on his veccy Rant over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Must be the roads i drive then . Bring a mondeo standard and an sri vec along and it will leave the vectra for dead , end of . the suspension on the vectra is never settled ist always trying to correct its self and feels fidgety , all my work shirts have bobbling form the seatbelt rubbing !!! never had that problem in my mondeo !!

right the vectra (this is based on my shed )
    the suspension control on anything other that a motorway is appalling (this is the only time the vectra is better ) its a total mile muncher and very quiet but....
    get it on an a road and it falls apart the damping control of the body is awfull , the steering weighs up badly if you try to push if , the car feels like its fighting you all the time it never relaxes .

the mondeo ,
    on the motorway the vectra has it , smoother and quieter but....
    get to the a road again the mondeo wins body control through the bends is smooth , i had a mk4 recently when my vectra went for service , i put everything from the vectra into the mondeo , the whole boot load and you couldnt tell it was there !
    b roads is a no brainer mondeo every time , while the vectra is hunting ditches the mondeo is just gets on with the job.

the vectra is a very well built car , you can drop a bomb on it and all you will need to do is give it a polish , but the handling and steering and ride ruin the whole thing , and its a shame , great car ruined by a budget .

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BIG NEIL View Post
    Can i just also say this thread has turned into a everyones taste in cars is different and the guy wants advice on his veccy Rant over
    The thread wasn't started as a Mondeo vs Vectra thread, so can we please get and get back to helping this guy with his car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by silvermachine View Post
    Hi,

FYI the car is a Silver Lightning SXi 1.9 CDTi 150, 2005 05 plate, 80k miles, and cost me £5995. Reasonable?

HELP ME!!!

After Vauxhall offered me £9k for mine, robbing swine..... No I would not say reasonable. (mines 3.0 V6 SRI with all options, (Except Bluetooth) 1½ yr old, as new, 26K miles and 5 Yr. Suregaurd Warranty) offered on a new vehicle @ £27K.

BUT.... The car you have got is still good, possibly overpriced, but that has to be ignored, the money has changed hands.....

As Ex Company Car, I am sure it will have been fully taken care of, no cost worries with that car when servicing is due.
    Last edited by CorsaVan; 16th July 2008 at 02:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

we paid around 10K for our 05 sxi cdti120, yes the ride is a little harder but much better than the other one's we tried, as for the little niggles you have, our car was the same, squeek's and rattles and notchy gear change too, we just got used to it and have loved it from day one.....the more you drive it the better it get's imo, and after shelling out a few k for mod's it is loved even more now

hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I paid £5300 for my 1.8SXI last year,ex lease car with 77k on the clock in star silver,not what i was looking for i may add,i wanted a black 2.2sri,but since ownership been very pleased,yes its had some spraying done in the past and some parts are a little worn here and there,gearknob and steering wheel which i've replaced,but for the money i think it was a bargain and have improved on the looks since joining this site,polishing and waxing it regularly,it now looks amazing stick with it mate,you can improve on what you have,just need a little patience and hard graft to get it looking and feeling like a minter..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    My old SXi had 16" wheels D, with 215 55's I think. The later SXi models (after mid 04) had the firmer sports suspension
    Yup my '03 SXi has the softer suspension and the 16" wheels on it. Wish I'd saved a bit more and bought the later one after they'd sported it up a bit or an SRi to be honest as I much prefer my SRi to drive, but got it for such a good price, I can't really complain.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information