4 weeks ago I bought a Silver Lightning Sxi 150.
Great car, trouble is, I don't love it.
I can't pinpoint quite why, but there are a couple of niggly things about it.
Since I bought it, I have found a few things out about it.
1. It only has 1 key, stealers want £120 for a new one.
2. Most panels have been resprayed. I am very fussy about car paintwork, and didn't notice it at first, but on polishing it, the small amounts of overspray give it away. Very good job though, an untrained eye wouldn't ever notice (used to be in the trade).
No panels seem to have been replaced, so I think it may be vandal damage. All panels line up perfectly, and the spraying stops at the door shuts, so may have been keyed.
3. The car has done 80,000 miles, and has very firm suspension. It also follows the camber of the road, and doesn't feel quite "right" at town speeds, but is an absolute Beast (I love it) at 80 mph+ (on the autobahn)
4. It's a 1 owner, ex lloydstsb lease car, and has full service history (No stamped book, but a 2 page print out detailing every penny spent on it)
5. It squeaks from cold. Fan belt I hope. New cambelt was fitted before I bought it.
FYI the car is a Silver Lightning SXi 1.9 CDTi 150, 2005 05 plate, 80k miles, and cost me £5995. Reasonable?
What do you guys reckon, should I just stop worrying and drive it?
It looks fantastic, and one day I love it, the next I hate it, and wish I'd bought a Mondeo.