Thread: going to TorquingBHP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default going to TorquingBHP

Well, after the disappointing outcome with my BSR remap (i.e. not being available for 1.9s before 2005), on the recommendation of Big Pete I'm booked in at TourquingBHP tomorrow. From what I've heard they seem like a good outfit, so I'll let you know the results once I've played with my new toy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck m8,look forward to the results...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2005

Hope all goes well matey, they are only about 5 miles away from me. I was thinking of popping down there to find out how much to do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Darrell is a nice guy, i spoke to him last week and asked if you'd been in touch about a remap, i'm going to see him myself some time after the 3rd August when he returns from his hols..

Hope you get on ok tomorrow..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Torquing BHP review

Me and my mate (in his rav4 t180) had a race last night (on our private racetrack) to do a before-after comparison. After 0-80ish the veccy would be a couple of car lengths in front. So we had our stats, and left this morning for cambridge. Got to Torquing at about 10:45, measuring 49.1 mpg on the way. Darrell dropped us to the park and ride and we had a look around cambridge while he worked on the car. Only thing was the remap was costing me more as I had to buy the wife some gifts to get out of the dog house! Darrell phoned about 1:15 to say it was all done, then he picked us up from the park and ride again in my veccy. We took it out for a little spin, and I must admit initially I coudn't feel a great difference. The power did seem to kick in earlier, and it definitely felt torque-ier, with smoother accelleration, but I honestly couldn't tell if it was faster. Also, the flat spot I had at about 2000 rpm was still there which I wasn't too pleased about. Darell said after the ecu had re-learned after about 150 miles, that should be ironed out.
    So, I paid my wad and got back up the A14. The car started to feel better the further I drove, and I felt 5th gear especially pulled well. By the time I got to the M6, it started to fly (whether it was me or the ECU getting used to the car I don't know). Checked the trip computer, and was getting 51.9 (and this was not taking it easy).
    We took it back to my mates, got on the private track again, and had another go. This time I am guessing I was approx 8 car lengths ahead in the same distance, my mate definitely said it was quicker, he couldn't keep up. Then, after driving it around roads close to home that I am used to, I can now say it is pretty rapid. I think in hindsight I may not have been giving it the full beans on the roads in cambridge as I wasn't familiar with them. I've had to come home now as the wife's been moaning that I've been out all evening.
    So far I have eaten (in no particular order!) a Jaguar XJS, an XR3i, a Golf GTDI, a golf GT, an alpha 156 and a Lexus IS250. The look on the XR3i boy racer's face was priceless
    Over the last couple of hours I can honestly say it has been driven hard, and I coudn't manage to get the MPG below 42.7, (The lowest I had it before the remap was about 32).
    Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can have another play!
    Thanks to Darrell at Torquing BHP, who done a great Job, and Big Pete who recommended him.
    Oh and the flat spot seems less now also, will check in a day or so and see if it's any better still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Have put in a K and N panel filter as that may help ease the flat spot. Also get the cat removed as this will help as well. Put a straight pipe in instead. And yes it will pass the mot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2005

How much did it cost? Thats if you want to tell as im thinking about getting mine done as its only 5 miles from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    Have put in a K and N panel filter as that may help ease the flat spot. Also get the cat removed as this will help as well. Put a straight pipe in instead. And yes it will pass the mot!
    I put a K&N in for this reason, it helped a tiny bit, but it was still there. How much for a de-cat? bit low on funds now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by phil67 View Post
    How much did it cost? Thats if you want to tell as im thinking about getting mine done as its only 5 miles from me.
    it's £299+vat if you tell them you're on vectra-c.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Basically u r cutting out the cat at one end and removing/unbolting the clamp the other end and just putting in a straight piece of standard pipe. Some places might weld it others might clamp the pipe on. Ask about your local exhaust fitters and see what they say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information