I dropped off a letter at my local Vauxhall dealership last week and asked them to forward it Rick Wagoner, CEO of General Motors. They said “Yeah, we send letters to him all the time”, great I thought, I’ve come to the right place.
To paraphrase, the latter basically said that after just two weeks of Signum ownership, I’m quite impressed by the level of engineering, and that based on this it’s a shame to note that Toyota are about to overtake GM as having the most annual sales, and that I certainly wasn’t considering buy any Toyota vehicles in the near or medium future.
Today, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply from Rick Wagoner. He says:
“Sir, I think you’re a darmernd geezer and I’m really chuffed you like my car. Those Toyotas aren’t all they’re cracked up to be and most of them are chick’s cars anyway. Keep buying Vauxhalls Mate and keep buying stuff from your dealer because he’s a top bloke. They sometimes make little mistakes but who doesn’t? Ask yourself if you can live with the mistake life’s too little to get all stressed like, innit?
PS it’s alright to buy Mitsubishis as well because your dealer sells them as well.”
At first I was quite chuffed that Mr Wagoner had taken the time to reply; but then I thought does he really talk in such a chav manner? That got me thinking, so I checked the envelope to look for the Detroit post office frank on it, and instead found there wasn’t any stamp, it had been hand delivered. I’m still 95% convinced the letter is from Rick Wagoner, but that leaves 5% to think it wasn’t him. What do you reckon?