User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitted CR1 Diesel Tuning Box and....

spoons

Default Fitted CR1 Diesel Tuning Box and....

.....its great.

Mike at Diagnostix said that he would send it pre-tuned to 185bhp, but when it arrived and after fitting it didnt feel any different (except that the powerband was more 'flat/smooth').

Then following a short conversation on the phone with Mike and two full turns anti-clockwise on the unit and THE BEAST IS UNLEASHED... Good fun.

It literally took 5 minutes to fit.

Simply pull off the cover, located the switch, disconect the cable, plug in the tuning box and refit the cable at the other end of the tuning box, push engine cover back in place... off you go. simple..

I let one of my 'most sceptical' mates drive the car yesterday evening and he really liked the power increase (doesnt normally like diesels) and he said the upgrade 'made' the car. He said it drives like a V6 petrol would, which is a compliment I can tell you !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got one as well & it's awesome. The car is transformed isn't it?

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by ion
    I've got one as well & it's awesome. The car is transformed isn't it?
    Beleave it or not, I actually drive around really slowly, sticking to the speed limits within reason/traffic flow etc and I actually wanted the power increase for motorway/country lane overtaking (when I use the car, its usually long distance journeys, as I work from home).

Since the upgrade the car has more power at low revs, which means I can drive around at normal pace without the turbo engaged (which I really like as its eliminated the 'pre-upgrade kangaroo effect' turbo engaging before changing gear, making the car lurch up the road)

Then, on the occasions when I want power, put my foot down and its unleashed with massive thrust. Perfect for what I wanted it for...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking of selling my Powerclick box, it is not going on the new car when I get it.

I am having a proper re-map done I think, this is much better than a box, also the trip computer will not be effected, after doing nearly 20,000 miles with a tuning box, I am not convinced by the long term effects of the engine by chucking loads of fuel in.

It makes the car quicker without a doubt but I will be going down another route next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's early days for you, but have you noticed any impact on your mpg?

I fancy a CR1 box or similar on my lowly 120, but as I do 100 miles a day to get to work I don't want to hammer the mpg too badly...

Cheers

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha10
    I know it's early days for you, but have you noticed any impact on your mpg?

I fancy a CR1 box or similar on my lowly 120, but as I do 100 miles a day to get to work I don't want to hammer the mpg too badly...

Cheers
    Still early days, I'm, planning a trip to Dublin on Friday so will give it a good test during the 4 days over there.

Will let you know. (I dont think my onboard computer is giving me correct MPG readings though, however not sure yet...)

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I am not convinced by the long term effects of the engine by chucking loads of fuel in.
    Matt, whats your worry ? - would be interested to here as I've only just started using mine and I dont want to wreck the engine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not aware of anyone having problems from these boxes providing they are not over adjusted. Vx even offer some types as an after fit & they do not affect the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    Matt, whats your worry ? - would be interested to here as I've only just started using mine and I dont want to wreck the engine...
    If I was doing the usual 8-10,000 miles a year I would not worry, but doing over 30,000 miles I do get a little concerned, it may be over nothing.

But chucking loads of fuel in on a petrol car over a period of time will cause bore wash which is not good, but a diesel works in a different way of course.

I just don't think my engine is as smooth now than what it was before the box was fitted.

It may be the fact that it has nearly 58000 miles on, but until I can prove for my own satisfaction that the box's won't do any harm (Which I am sure they won't) I won't use it next time.

Also, a proper re-map will always without doubt give better performance as all aspects of the mapping are adjusted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information