User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy a Vectra/Signum?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking Why did you buy a Vectra/Signum?

I feel it would be interesting to learn why people chose the vectra C or Signum. Wheather it be for brand loyalty reasons or just the recognition that vecs and sigs are good at what they do state your reasons.

I better start the ballk rolling since I dreamed up the notion.

I bought a 04 Vectra 3.2 GSi last year and have been very happy with the car since purchase. I was looking to gain more interior space as I have two small boys, at the time I was driving a 02 Seat Leon Cupra 1.8 T. The first cars that came to mind were the Mondeo ST220 and Audi A4 1.8T, the first of the two was ruled out on price as a 04 model was comanding £16000 on the forecourt at the time, and the Audi felt a bit well the same as the Seat really, sharing the engine and many other components. I then started looking at Vectra and Signum 2.0 T models and in particular the the ltd 100 edtion vectra turbo. These were thin on the ground so I turned my attentions to the sri turbo and test drove a car of this kind at a local dealer and was pretty impressed. I found the build to be of a high standard the comfort was also impressive, the handling was also decent although not quite a match for the car I was driving at the time, fair to point out though it could carry a great deal more. The main let down with 2.0 T was the it just did'nt have the performance I desired I must add its not a slow car far from it, it just felt a bit subdued in nature agianst the Cupra. I then discovered the 3.2 version and the GSi model at the local dealer and took it for a spin, this left me feeling a bit confused as although it felt a good bit quicker than the turbo it also felt softer. I then test drove another turbo and this confirmend my feeling that the turbo is the better handling car when in SRi form, but still lacking the power I was after(I wasn't aware of the tunning boxes etc at the time) This left me with a dilemma 2.0T or GSi and the my mind was made when a red 04 example presented itself for a good price and I took the plunge and other than fuel costs I haven't regretted it. The car is well built comfy and very quick in a subtle way and may I add on ford V vauxhall figures quicker than the mondeo st220 . I also find the value to be amazing considering the specification and performance and overall feel of the car. The only other GM product I have owned being a manta GTE I have no real brand loyalty to report so I have assesed the car on its own merits.

Thats my we story how did the rest of you end up in Vectras and Signums

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well after the mrs wrote our mondeo td off on a roundabout,we had a week to buy a new car so we had a quick look around and found a vec b estate for a reasonable price.we had that for 8 months then the dealer was having a sales day so we went along and the mrs fell in love with a red 03 plate sxi with satnav, full irmscher kit, sri wheels so we traded in that day and got her. had a bit of trouble last year with the storms and a tile blew off the roof hitting the car, so in it went to the dealer to be fixed and while we were there waiting to pick it up we had a look round for something with a bit more power than the 1.8 and hey presto we bought the 2.0t sri we have today
    now that your all asleep i shall retire quietly

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wasnt really looking to change my astra sri but it started to get niggly faults that were going to start costing a fair bit so i started looking around the net/showrooms etc.
    I had a budget of around 12k-15k and was looking for as new a car as possible. I had a real notion for the new focus st2 but went and drove it and found it to be very small inside IMO so that was ruled out . I started to look for bigger cars and first port of call was the vaux garage as ive always liked the way the cars look and drove. I have always been a petrol car owner so started looking at the 2.0t signum but i play alot of golf and carry 4 passengers so the back seat ruled it out. Next was the turn of the gsi and 2.0t vectras, drove them both and they were very nice cars but noticed my car sitting in the showroom in silver lightning so asked for a drive...to my horror it was a diesel but thought what the hell...drove it, loved it and the rest is history

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In my case, it was simply value for money. I was looking for a nearly new, diesel estate to use as a daily driver. The Vectra fitted the bill perfectly. I got a 6 month old CDTi 150 from a car supermarket for less than half list (£9999 to be exact). That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SJG
    In my case, it was simply value for money. I was looking for a nearly new, diesel estate to use as a daily driver. The Vectra fitted the bill perfectly. I got a 6 month old CDTi 150 from a car supermarket for less than half list (£9999 to be exact). That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.
    Value for money for me too. just over 2 years old, £5000 for a 1.8 Active, full of extras, perfect nick, 20k on the clock, drives really well and suits all my needs, a bargain.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have had good and bad cars but all the vauxhalls Ive owned have been by far the best for reliability, cheap running costs, and good quality...all for a reasonable purchase price compared to other makes.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a Vectra B and was pretty happy with it. I wanted a car with the following:
    • Leather seats
    • 6 cylinder engine
    • Manual transmission
    • ESP
    • Stiffer suspension

So a CDXi Vectra met the bill. Manual cars aren't all that common here in Australia, particularly when you get to bigger engines and higher luxury levels. Anything else that has 155kW and this kind of spec. sheet would probably come at twice the price here.

Given that Vectras will soon be dropped in Australia, my current idea for the next car is a Subaru Liberty/Legacy 3.0R spec B.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had an Astra G 1.8i 16v which I was very happy with. When it was being serviced in 03 at the dealer I saw a Signum in the showroom. Had a look at it and thought "I really like that!" Liked the looks, the storage stuff, the fold flat seats (great for my work) and just a whole lot of things about the car. As they were just out at the time I certainly wasn't looking to buy one brand new. Whenever I was back in the showroom, I would give the Signum a look over again - still liked it a lot.

Kept driving the Astra as I was perfectly happy with it, and almost a year later I was in the showroom again and saw the Signum again. "Right",I thought, "I'm going to give this a test drive". It was a 2.2 (petrol) and I liked the car but the engine didn't really excite me. So the guy said, why not look at the 2.0T. So therein began my quest. I looked at a Design 2.0T and an Elite 2.0T at two brances of a different dealer and went with the Elite. I loved all the 'extras' I got compared to the Astra like heated, electric leather seats, all the electric dimming/dipping mirrors etc. etc - nice little touches.

I did look at a Renault Vel Satis as that was supposed to be the closest competitor to the Signum. Hated it, bl**dy awful interior and looked like some kindergarten kid had designed it!!

Wasn't aware of it at the time, but when I found out about the BSR remap, I thought Christmas had come!! . No regrets whatsoever buying the Signum, really like it and it still gets people saying "What's that?!"

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I went to my local garage about twice a week, waiting for a pre-reg Astra sri to turn up, and each time noticed this nice vectra sittin there. Eventually got fed up waiting for the Astra, sat in the vectra and was so impressed with all the buttons and lights, I bought it the same day.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine was a swap

Oh, I had better tell..........

I had an 2.5 omega for two years which I loved so much I decided to buy another before they finished production.

Found a nice 2.6cdx with some extra flashy bits on it, in silver, the dogs! Done only 600 miles and was well pleased, one of the last made.

Had nothing but trouble with the gearbox(auto), after trying to repair it quite a few times and damaging it whist at the garage I rejected it.

After discussions with the MD, we agreed on a Vec V6Cdti Elite Estate as the swap(no more omegas about). Suprising how little the MD's know about their cars they sell. Got the agreement in writing and he was not happy when he realised I was in pocket by a long way. He pleaded with me to take a refund plus compensation after that!

I had all intentions of selling it on straight away but the engine is difficult to give up! So here I am still with it after 18 months or so.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information