Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Never again thank you

Taking a punter home I had to cross the main A12 as I did so I noticed some one leaning against the hand rail of the bridge looking at the main road below,
    I dropped the punter off and headed back to town for the "Vomet Comet" or the last train in from London when I get to the A12 bridge, the person I had seen before Is now on the other side of the barrier leaning back with a rope around his neck which is tied to the hand rail ,"F me" he going to jump ! so I stopped a bit further along the road turned around so I could still see him and dialed 999.
    After being asked the "ins and outs" of a ducks backside including my name and phone number I am trying to tell the operator what is happening ,what service do I require ? I am asked ,the lot I replied ,It took what seemed like an absolute age before an ambulance arrived only to find it is already on its way to A&E with some one,give them thier due they did stay,eventually a local panda car arrived after the controller had put me through directly to the car having to explain where he was,what he was wearing ,how old,have I spoken to him,was he distressed ? thats a good one !,then a dog unit turns up ?,
    then a paramedic,
    Our friend is still there hanging back over the A12,
    A traffic car comes of the A12 now I would have thought he would of stopped the traffic, who wants a pair of legs suddenly appearing in front of you when you are doing 70mph ? he did not even stop.
    I was there for nearly an hour,confirmed with the police there was no need for me stay,so I take the cab back and get my car to go home guess which way I have to go to get home ?,well he was stiil there on the wrong side of the barrier leaning back with the rope around his neck the traffic on both the A12 & A414 has not been stopped.
    I am now partaking in a very large glass of Famous Grouse before I go to bed !
    Apologies for any spelling & grammer mistakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR, VW Tiguan R-line Tech, Vivaro.

Trim : Nav

Engine : Various

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Jeez, i bet your nerves are in a right state !

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by FIL 4822 View Post
    Jeez, i bet your nerves are in a right state !
    Must confess to not sleeping to well,cannot get out of my head the thought of him with the rope around his neck,glad my grand son is with us to day playing with him should help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats something you dont want to see. Good on you for stopping and calling the services. Who knows what might have happened if you hadnt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2005

When we get a suicide, we are normally offered a chance to speak or see a counsellor, the police may be able to put you in touch with someone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That would freak me out.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by phil67 View Post
    When we get a suicide, we are normally offered a chance to speak or see a counsellor, the police may be able to put you in touch with someone
    That is what my brother has suggested,for me to go and talk to the docter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's one of these sad cases where neither a crime has been committed nor is there a case for public safety
    If the person is on the correct side of the barrier and even if they are attempting suicide from the correct side of the barrier, then there isn't much they can do

I do agree, having at least "someone" watching would probably help matters along, but the emergency services were probably utilising yourself
    The best response in such matters is to provide all the information, then say you are too busy to stay

Sadly if someone wants to commit suicide then they will, most of all other cases are usually classed as "self harming" and they will normally scoop up the remains, whether living or not

Locally, people quite often walk on to the Kingston Bridge (M8 motorway) again to attempt to commit suicide
    In these cases two Police cars are sent, one to protect the lane and the other to arrest the person, irrespective of their mental wellbeing!
    There is also an overbridge on the M73 which is well known for "jumpers"
    Drivers quite often report seeing people hanging or dangling off it, but the Police aren't sent until a body or impact is reported on the carriageway
    I've seen two people hanging off this bridge before, and in one case I changed lanes and passed under the bridge using the hard shoulder, so that if they did jump I wouldn't hit them, although in most cases it's usually a HGV they are waiting for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

j37 m1 a couple of years ago a woman jumped off bridge in front a hgv u couldn't count the pieces it was a mess.

it turned out that a couple was arguing on bridge and bloke told her to go jump so she did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : C

Engine : 1.9CDTI

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    it turned out that a couple was arguing on bridge and bloke told her to go jump so she did.
    What the hoof?! Proved her point, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information