Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Another red ring victim...

....on the Xbox 360.

Yep, turned mine on this evening and whilst browsing through the dashboard the console froze, turned it off and on again and it beeped and froze on the start up screen. I wondered if this was the beginning of the console about to do the three red lights - turned it off and on again and voila!, there they were! lol Three quadrants of the Ring of Light were red.

Annoyingly when I turned it on about 10 minutes later it did boot into the dashboard okay, but I wonder for how long. Hopefully MS won't turn round and say there's nothing wrong with it.

So, I've filled in the online return form, just waiting for the shipping label to be e-mailed to me. It's inside the three year extended warranty they gave on the RoL problems as it was bought it December 2006.

From other folks experiences, what exactly is it that gets replaced? Will I have a whole new 'motherboard', do they replace the DVD drive and will the console be quieter? Do they actually repair my specific console or do they send out a whole 'new' refurbed one? i.e. will it have a different serial number. Also, is there a chance that it will be one of the later Premium versions with the HDMI socket?

D

Worrying bout nothing..... Cause worryings a waste of my f***ing time!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh dear not good, mine done it a while ago & that's the new elite one with the hdmi you are on about. Took mine back to where i bought it from & they exchanged it. Kept my original hard drive though so was wonderring if you are sending your's away do you have to send your hard drive because all your info is on it with your game saves, gamer tag, download's & add ons that have been paid for etc. I have read on the xbox website of people loosing this info. Don't want to alarm you but might be wise to ring them & find out bout it.

If i remember right it's the cooling system thats modded & i think the elite machine uses different chip's that run 'cooler' as it's overheating that causes the rol prob.

Hope you don't have to long for it to come back & when you do get cod4 & get online with the clan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lol I thought you ment that you have had to many chillis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh no, nothing worse than a red ring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by KieronGSI View Post
    lol I thought you ment that you have had to many chillis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Oh no, nothing worse than a red ring
    lol, I was wondering who'd go down that route!

Quote Originally Posted by Madgunner View Post
    Oh dear not good, mine done it a while ago & that's the new elite one with the hdmi you are on about.
    Mine's not the Elite, just the normal Premium - but the later Premium consoles I believe came with the HDMI socket?, as well as the Elites obviously. I wasn't sure if there was a chance I would get a refurbed late Premium with the HDMI socket or if they simply replaced the bits in my console and sent it back?
    Kept my original hard drive though so was wonderring if you are sending your's away do you have to send your hard drive because all your info is on it with your game saves, gamer tag, download's & add ons that have been paid for etc. I have read on the xbox website of people loosing this info. Don't want to alarm you but might be wise to ring them & find out bout it.
    Nah, I won't be sending away the hard drive - I hang onto that. It clearly states to not send back the drive and accessories etc.
    If i remember right it's the cooling system thats modded & i think the elite machine uses different chip's that run 'cooler' as it's overheating that causes the rol prob.
    Yeah, I was aware of that on the Elite but was it also resolved on the Premiums?
    Hope you don't have to long for it to come back & when you do get cod4 & get online with the clan

Worrying bout nothing..... Cause worryings a waste of my f***ing time!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the mods that came with the elite are done to the premium on repair. Wether or not they repair your's or send a refurb im not sure. Just make a note of the serial no's on the back then check them when you get it back. As for hdmi port i'm 99% sure that this is only on the elite model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vec c

Trim : sri

Engine : 150 cdti

Year : 55

Mileage : 108000

When mine went away and came back I got a card in with it stating that the motherboard and dvd drive had been replaced..an yes it runs alot more silent not like an F16 taking off anymore lol....and also you get a complimentary gold card for 1 months online gaming to say sorry for the inconvenience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine got picked up on Monday, shipped off to Germany through UPS and had an email today saying all repaired and being shipped back.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cool! Quick service!!

Mine was picked up on Friday so looks like it could be back next week.

When you get yours, could you post up what they've done to it in relation to my questions in my original post i.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    From other folks experiences, what exactly is it that gets replaced? Will I have a whole new 'motherboard', do they replace the DVD drive and will the console be quieter? Do they actually repair my specific console or do they send out a whole 'new' refurbed one? i.e. will it have a different serial number. Also, is there a chance that it will be one of the later Premium versions with the HDMI socket?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information