Thread: Added Value....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Added Value....!

I remebered something today whilst reading an advert and thought about it as I discussed it with someone who was selling a car some months ago, thought I'd see what everyone's opinion is?

My argument was that the main things that add value to a car would be:
    - Service History;
    - HPI;
    - Condition Description (as you can guesstimate if its been looked after or not);
    and
    - how genuine the owner/seller seems?

Well the person who I was speaking to some time ago, he said b0L0x to the Service History mate, as long as someone can tell you that the car has had a service and a cambelt change if need be, that is the most important thing, and of course it must drive well?!!? According to who???

Anyhow, I must argue this, as if I was looking for a car and was skimming through the adverts, I would be far more likely to ring the one that had 110k with FSH than the same with 100k and ZERO history? (example)!

Also, I would evaluate the person selling the car, IF they were straight up with me from the off, then I would consider that a genuine person as I have caught out so many people in the past.

Been to see cars and over the phone they say to me that its their brothers car and are selling it on their behalf, but when you get there its got there name on it and there is no sign of a brother and there is a different story to it (ex-taxi), can tell from the usual tell-tale signs that have been hidden.

Therefore, I would "prefer" to have a Service History of some shape or form, HPI details, and I would like to NOT be treated like a thick B45t4rd.

Anyone agree or have any of their own horror stories!!!???!!!

What do you consider the most important things when "looking" for a new car, EXCLUDING the looks and drive....(this is prior to making the enquiry)!

?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wouldn't buy a car without history full stop.

I over service my cars as I want to look after them and keep them in good shape. When it comes to selling the first person to see every one of my cars has always bought it.

I look for a well written advert and not "some history", means none. I look for an ad that has all the details of the car. I look at the pictures to see where it is parked etc

Thread Information