Thread: Dual Mass Flywheel...........again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Dual Mass Flywheel...........again

Had 3 already, under warranty, now out of warranty.........77k and rattly as hell
    Priced parts from LMF
    Flywheel £425.12

3 Part clutch kit £330

Plus fitting of course...............add to that all the other cr** I've had to spend out on................................................ .................................................. ..........

Ithink a move to the DARK SIDE is in order.............maybe I'll be a petrol head again.........no DMF's and they can be "gassed".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I spoke to a chap at the dealer when I had one of mine done and they said to date they had never had to replace a DMF in one that had already been done....obviously a lod of b0L0x then hey?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default taxi

Well i have got the 2ltr dti and used as a taxi has done 88.000 and my dmf just started getting noisey.Trouble is these cars get so much abuse as it is all town work but 3 dmfs is not a good reflection on the engineering of the vectra.how are you finding taxis at the moment,in nottm finding hard to make it pay unless you do stupid hours..
    tommy tess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vauxmang View Post
    I spoke to a chap at the dealer when I had one of mine done and they said to date they had never had to replace a DMF in one that had already been done....obviously a lod of b0L0x then hey?
    I had my 1st one done at 23k, bought the car with 6k on it, they said at the time "you won't have any more trouble now", the 2nd was done at 39k and 3rd at about 56k.
    I have been to the stealers today, when I had my last one done there was another cabbie there (virtually identical car) having his done - apparently he was in yesterday..........16k later with a goosed flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by tommy tess View Post
    Well i have got the 2ltr dti and used as a taxi has done 88.000 and my dmf just started getting noisey.Trouble is these cars get so much abuse as it is all town work but 3 dmfs is not a good reflection on the engineering of the vectra.how are you finding taxis at the moment,in nottm finding hard to make it pay unless you do stupid hours..
    tommy tess
    I think the problem is mainly with the 150bhp 1.9cdti, the flywheel can't handle the torque from the engine (I'm sure one of the techies will be along to enlighten us shortly).And of course mine is the estate which is bigger and heavier than the hatch or saloon, add in the usage and bingo!!!!
    As for taxi business - on its backside - when I started 6.5 yrs ago you could make real money any night of the week, now Sat night is the only decent earner, during the day wherever you drop just head back to Tescos for the next shopper.
    Diesel prices through the roof and no fare rise since Dec 2006, oh and always more drivers on the fleet (app 100 more on our company than 4 yrs ago).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Think you should be contacting VX customer services on0845 0902044 and explaining to them your issues with the DMf. Think you should get some help £ from them for the trouble to date. Give them a call as you have nothing to lose esp if you have a full service history and not nessacary with a dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had to have new flywheel and clutch at 34ooo getting a juddering when pulling away all done under warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Gaz the Cab, I think you should deffo go back to them as its already had 3 so there is almost certainly a bigger problem thats making these DMF's scr33w up. Id argue it out with them. Worth a shot, what you got to losE?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vauxmang View Post
    Gaz the Cab, I think you should deffo go back to them as its already had 3 so there is almost certainly a bigger problem thats making these DMF's scr33w up. Id argue it out with them. Worth a shot, what you got to losE?
    I agree there, it's worth a try. They might at least contribute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Best price i managed to find was £205 for the Flywheel including vat. That was a Luk version..

Every little saving helps ..

Dean

Thread Information