User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Lying on the Road Alive, Drive by or Give it Aid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Cat Lying on the Road Alive, Drive by or Give it Aid?

This happened yesterday morning when I was on the way to the doctors with my wife and daughter.

As we drove along we noticed something lying on the road which was the wrong colour to be a badger or fox and I didn't expect it to be a cat. People were driving by without questioning it, just swerved to avoid the wee fella. As we came up it was clear he was still alive, legs and eyes were moving, but not one person stopped or even looked. My wife got out and picked him up, he had some blood coming from the mouth and was obviously in a great deal of shock. There was a vet just round the corner so we took him straight there and as we went came across a lady parked on the side of the road walking back to the scene. She turned out to have been the person that hit him and came to the vet with us. Left him at the vet and they done some X-rays etc to make sure he was OK. Got a phone call from the woman who hit him later to say he was OK, no broken bones or any major injuries thank god! Was being kept it for observation and had no chip or collar so an owner isn't known. The woman never seen him, just heard a knock from the front of the car and stopped to see what it was, at least she done more than every other **** on the f0ckin road who just drove by.

So why is it nobody feels an animal needs any help, he was obviously alive and needed help. People drive by without a second look and we were the only ones to stop bar the lady who hit him. Is it just a case of who gives a f0ck it's just an animal, would it have been different if a person was lying there? I'd like to who have lay all those b4st4rds on the road and watch everyone drive by, I would have chosen to drive over the disgusting *****. What is this country all about?

My wife has had cats all her life and I'm an animal lover and wouldn't see any of them come to harm so was a very sad site to see. We have two of our own, one we got two years ago from a farm and was malnourished so is very small. Our other cat was previously our old neighbours who never had any time for him and never gave him the attention a pet deserves so he belongs to us now.

With all that happened it looks like there will be a new addition with this wee fella as he will be destroyed if no owner comes forward so were adopting him and if nobody comes forward he's ours. After seeing what happened I couldn't bare knowing he was put down as it's not deserving to any healthy animal

I just can't see why everyone drove by and left him, do people have no sympathy or conscience? Really boils my blood.

BTW I live in the South so see this behaviour everyday in other forms. No offence meant to southerners, but I'm sure you can understand with the attitude some people have, nothing I've experienced else where in th UK is like down here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 140k

i've don it before... only other day it was a bird that couldn't fly rolling round by the gutter, thought it was a mouse at 1st but went back....

well done for stopping.... but i think, what if it was my dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I imagine the kindest thing would have been to run it over and put it out of any pain nice and quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I imagine your obviously a w0nker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Drive over it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

FFS guys, if you haven't got anything good to say, they don’t say anything at all, don’t provoke each other, and don’t retaliate.
    If a comment is tongue in cheek then make it obvious, we have plenty of humorous smilies for this purpose.
    Otherwise what you type will be taken literally, whether you meant it that way or not.
    Anymore and this thread is closing.
    Last edited by Green Growler; 28th June 2008 at 00:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

happened to me and the wife a few months ago, lovely white cat, some **** hit it and drove on leaving it at the side of the road with serious injuries, had a eye hanging out. Took it to the vet then went back and knocked doors near where it happened. Knocked one door and asked if she owned a white cat, she replied that she did and it was out the back garden playing, had to tell her the bad news and run her up to the vet.

We cat died.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yet another thread hi-jacked by aggro merchants.......personally i would see what i could do to help the beast, but i probably would not have posted any reply had i not seen the stupid comments posted earlier.....now, i would tend to the cat rather than them.......sometimes i actually wonder where Vauxhall Vectras feature in so many of these posts that get turned into lynching sessions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

i must hit 2 foxes ,3 badgers and 3 dear countless pigeons and phesants a month but i must admit if i see a dog in pain on the road side ill phone the police who phone who ever sorts it.
    last time i took a dog to vets that got run over by someone i got stung with the vet bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    last time i took a dog to vets that got run over by someone i got stung with the vet bill.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there, some peeps wouldn't know what to do and the thought of a Vet = ££££'s (cost us £400 when one of our cats was ill and they never found out what eventually killed her )

Good on you Mark for stopping, I hit a cat once but it kept running and disappeared over a fence with part of my number plate (wasn't pretty) and I couldn't stop thinking that it could have been some little kid's pet or an old dear could be waiting for the little feline to arrive home

I kind of hope an owner doesn't come forward because it sounds like you could give the little fella a good home

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information