Thread: Just got the remap done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Just got the remap done

Well after considering the options to getting the engine tweaked a bit i decide to go with what i know and have it remapped at Daves ( Torquetronix ) printouts are below but 207hp and 287 lb/ft is grand for a coal munching runabout i think.

goes nicely on the road and 6th gear is a whole lot more usable for overtaking on the motorway. The acceleration is nice coming up through the gears the only problem now is stopping myself from planting it everytime i take off so i can get to see how the fuel economy is now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

some extremely good figures there M8 .you must be happy as Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not bad power there from an oiler..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Interesting, the torque comes in nice and early and it makes peak power late which means it holds well. Pitty it says 207bhp, otherwise I would only be able to compliment their work. 155bhp at wheels = 186bhp at fly, you need 168bhp at the road in the 1.9CDTI to get 200bhp... Unless you are driving an automatic and the graph says no. They have added 25% transmission losses and the 1.9CDTI only gets 16%, maybe 17% if you use treacle instead of oil.

It seems like all I ever do is be negitive in threads like this but so many tuners are being dishonnest it makes me sad and anoyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nutron View Post

It seems like all I ever do is be negitive in threads like this but so many tuners are being dishonnest it makes me sad and anoyed.
    yep, but at least you help folks to see when the wool may be being pulled...

perhaps this needs more investigating by Jeff_g?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

na its cool, the power stated on the ass end of the graph is the peak power spat out by the machine calculated to the flywheel. the road power is 155.5 by the rollers 3rd line down on the graph.
    only way to get a true true 100% reading on any power is to have the engine out and onto a proper engine dyno.
    Dave also has a hub dyno there that he was gonna use but tbh it doesnt really matter to me about how high the figure is i just wanted the car tweaked a bit and done more safely that a tuning box or an off the shelf map for another car simply fired into mine.
    As far as rolling roads go they will vary to different degrees but it is the only way to have power checked in a feasible manner and is about as good as your going to get.
    I have other mates with rolling road setups too and it would be interesting to see how the car performs on them, might nip over later in the week and give it a blat just for a giggle and compare the graphs.
    just as a side note the engine could be taken to 230bhp with a healthy bit more torque and has been done before but i dont think the same car would have been too happy after about 10k of it, i think what it has now is more than plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And 186bhp keeps you in nicely with the rest of us 'ordinary' remapped 1.9 drivers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine only has 179bhp but 300 lbs ft/407nm of torque which is not far off what BSR quote.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The bhp does seem to be a little over the top.It's better to get 'before and after' figures,but I guess it's a little late for that now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wouldnt really say its over the top as another poster on here has had a remap carried out at the same place and the figures are very very similar cant find the thread to link right now and as im only home from work i cant be bothered digging it out lol.
    wheel hp and flywheel hp has been a bone of contention for any and all engine tuners forever and a day. so much so that just about everyone has different opinions on it but i guess thats just one of those things and no point in having another discussion about it. manufacturers and tuners etc almost always quote flywheel hp figures simply because they are bigger than the wheels figures. ill maybe get a wee yard with dave during the week and see if he will rip the ecu out again and reload the std map and see what his rollers make of it. at least that way it will be re-ran using the identical roller settings and even if the drivetrain losses are too high it wont matter as the error level will be the same for both runs.
    I also need to deliver a few bits that i was painting over to a good friend that owns a tuning company also and will have a fiddle on their rollers to see what it makes of it.
    plenty of stuff to compare then and debate about.

quick edit found the thread i was meaning its ___ZS___ that had the remap done at daves with 202hp and 270lbft torque. pretty damn similar. If you read this ZS do me a favor and scan your graph in for a looksie bud. cheers
    Last edited by jeff_g; 25th June 2008 at 06:32.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information