Thread: Vectra VXR Buying Advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra VXR Buying Advice

Hi all, im looking to purchase a Vectra VXR, and was wondering if somebody could give me a bit of advice, as im confused by the spec sheets.

In the VXR brochure, it appears to indicate that xenons are standard, and Adaptive Forward lighting is an option on top of that. However, i took a test drive of an 07 plate car that didnt have xenons, and the dealer said the option for Xenons / Adaptive Forward lighting was just the one option.

But to confuse things further, browsing the 2nd hand ads shows some cars as having "adaptive forward lighting" and some as just having "xenons". Can somebody confirm whats standard whats what etc.. ?

2nd question - is automatic lighting control standard ? again, the brochure appears to indicate it is, and lots of adverts mention it. But the 07 plate car i test drove, didnt have auto written on the light switch.

3rd Question - Automatic air conditionning. Can somebody explain whats different about this to normal air con ? and why the Vectra appears to have 2 temperature controls ?

4th Question - i'm sure i read somewhere that the VXR xenons (when specified) stayed on for a bit after you lock the car - like the VAG xenons do. So that it lights the way to your front door. I'm sure i read this somewhere, but now cant find it in the brochure anymore ?

5th Question - floor mats. Did all VXRs automatically come with VXR mats or are they are a recent thing ? dealer who was selling the 07 Plate VXR tryed to flog me a protection pack for £400 which was floor mats, headlight protectors and mud flaps. Considering i thought VXR floor mats where standard, i told em to get lost

sorry for the large number of questions, and thanks in advance for any help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

3: if 2 heater controls.. then its dual zone climate control.
    4: remove key pul the dippedbeam controlarm towards you, and it will turn light on for about 30 sec.

Dont know the other parts.. but 1, 2 and 5 isnt standart here in Denmark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Iirc,Xenons are standard on the VXR and AFL is an option,sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.....

With the auto lights,sure that'll be an option too,isn't it.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thing that confuses me is that some adverts dont even state they have xenons. Its so difficult to try and work out whats standard and whats not.

The vectra brochure that has the full list of standard kit etc.. but doesnt include the VXR. And the VXR brochure just has a couple of lines of information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Arent vxr vectras dropping in price due to the new models coming out? such as the quattro?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bill1250 View Post
    Arent vxr vectras dropping in price due to the new models coming out? such as the quattro?
    Huh? What's that got to do with the original questions?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
    thing that confuses me is that some adverts dont even state they have xenons. Its so difficult to try and work out whats standard and whats not.

The vectra brochure that has the full list of standard kit etc.. but doesnt include the VXR. And the VXR brochure just has a couple of lines of information.
    Yep, I know what you mean! - the Vectra brochure doesn't even mention the VXR and the VXR brochure that has all the VXR range has scant information on the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
    Hi all, im looking to purchase a Vectra VXR, and was wondering if somebody could give me a bit of advice, as im confused by the spec sheets.

In the VXR brochure, it appears to indicate that xenons are standard, and Adaptive Forward lighting is an option on top of that. However, i took a test drive of an 07 plate car that didnt have xenons, and the dealer said the option for Xenons / Adaptive Forward lighting was just the one option.

But to confuse things further, browsing the 2nd hand ads shows some cars as having "adaptive forward lighting" and some as just having "xenons". Can somebody confirm whats standard whats what etc.. ?

2nd question - is automatic lighting control standard ? again, the brochure appears to indicate it is, and lots of adverts mention it. But the 07 plate car i test drove, didnt have auto written on the light switch.

3rd Question - Automatic air conditionning. Can somebody explain whats different about this to normal air con ? and why the Vectra appears to have 2 temperature controls ?

4th Question - i'm sure i read somewhere that the VXR xenons (when specified) stayed on for a bit after you lock the car - like the VAG xenons do. So that it lights the way to your front door. I'm sure i read this somewhere, but now cant find it in the brochure anymore ?

5th Question - floor mats. Did all VXRs automatically come with VXR mats or are they are a recent thing ? dealer who was selling the 07 Plate VXR tryed to flog me a protection pack for £400 which was floor mats, headlight protectors and mud flaps. Considering i thought VXR floor mats where standard, i told em to get lost

sorry for the large number of questions, and thanks in advance for any help
    Given the info I have here and knowledge of the VXR (which is only a bit) here's my bit of input....

1. Xenons, with self-levelling and wahsers are standard on all VXRs - the AFL is the optional bit.

2. Not sure

3. Basically AAC is between normal AC and full Electronic Climate Control. I believe it (ACC) will alter the temperature of the air coming into the cabin dependant on temp sensors in the cabin, but I don't think it does all the automatic air distribution that ECC does and may not also adjust the fans speeds automatically like ECC does. The two temp controls are to control temps independently on both halves of the cabin. There could be more to it than that but I think that's the basic difference.

4. Not just Xenons, all the Vectra range does that - called 'Light your way home' or something like that. Indirect Night Lighting is the little orange light on the underside of the rear view mirror that illuminates the centre console/gear stick area.

5. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Here's how you go about it, find one, and then find another Vectra listed on the same site, go to see this one, make an appointment etc, look around it and then hit the sales guy with this.....

Ohh what model is that *pointing at the VXR* oh that's a VXR Sir 2.8 V6 absolute stunner sir.

Mind if I have a look at it?

Certainly sir.

Now here's the crucial bit, seem interested but put off by the price, mention you'd love to own that but you aren't sure if the petrol would be an issue, say how much you like it and then walk away telling the sales person that you need to go work out figures and that you could be interested if the price is keener.

Wait by the phone, normally an hour or so, go have a cup of coffee somewhere and await that call, and it will come I assure you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the advice, im looking to buy about August time when my next year of no claims comes through (given its group 18 and im only 25, it makes all the difference )

By that time the Insignia will be about 2 months away and VXR prices will be shortly about to go into freefall. So it will be time to haggle myself a bargain.

Thanks for the advice so far guys,

But were xenons always standard ? dealer said the 07 plate i drove didnt have xenons ?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bill1250 View Post
    But were xenons always standard ? dealer said the 07 plate i drove didnt have xenons ?
    I don't think he knew what he was talking about! lol It's very easy to tell if they have Xenons - when you turn them on they take a moment to turn then they 'ignite' and turn on, very distinctive. Also, the self-levellers I believe dip and raise the lights as a test before then settling at the levelled position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Isn't there a link on Vauxhall's website where you can download PDFs of all the old brochures - this should surely provide the definitive answer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information