User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: xbox not working

  1. #1
    Regular Member ion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    walsall
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default xbox not working

    Hi everyone.

    As the title suggests, my son's x box just packed up.

    It keeps feezing a few seconds after you turn it on.

    I'm not too impressed tbh, he's only had it 2 months & I've heard that alot of people have had problems with them.

  2. #2
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    has it got the dreaded red light virus ???? if so you can apparantly wrap a cool damp towel around it to help it cool down....son told me this after he saw it on youtube ????
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 05

    Default

    My son's 360 has just done the same, tried the towel trick but no go. Took it apart and can't see anything obvious (dry joints etc.) so i bought him another one with 2 months guarantee from a seller on e-bay for £62
    He repairs them too and has an offer on for this week @ £6.99 plus parts
    I might send him the old one and then sell it on once it's working again.

  4. #4
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    My son's 360 has just done the same, tried the towel trick but no go. Took it apart and can't see anything obvious (dry joints etc.) so i bought him another one with 2 months guarantee from a seller on e-bay for £62
    He repairs them too and has an offer on for this week @ £6.99 plus parts
    I might send him the old one and then sell it on once it's working again.
    so the towel thing is not a wind up then mate.......
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 05

    Default

    No m8, it does work for a while but it still does not cure the problem. It will go t!ts up in a few weeks if that long
    The hard drive normally does not get affected. The PCB and CPU are cr@p and cannot take the stick of continued use.
    When you take them apart there really is sod all to them. We had Ryan's in bits last night, still don't work though so it's either off to this bloke or it might go on E-bay as faulty as some are still going for £50 even not working.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    oh well best limit his time on it again.............. although saying that brought him guitar hero's 3 with the guitar today so looking forward to playing that myself.....
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 05

    Default

    He only bought GTA4 the other day and it was delivered today

    No 360 to play it on, to say he is a bit pi$$ed off is an understatement

  8. #8
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    there is a fix most repairers use of these. It involves changing the poorly designed heatsink and X Clamps.. The X clamps are arch shaped and stress the board and whilst hot cause the SMD resistors and such to start lifting off the board... Remove the X clamps and heatsink.. New thermal compound. Nuts and bolts on the heatsinks instead.. Turn on still red light, towel wrapped around to over heat it once. Solder reflows. turn off cool down.. Turn on all works... Jobs a good un.. Done a cpl of these like this now..

  9. #9
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    if so you can apparantly wrap a cool damp towel around it to help it cool down
    water and electricity ... you'd surely have to make sure it was lightly damp rather than wet!?!

  10. #10
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    He only bought GTA4 the other day and it was delivered today

    No 360 to play it on, to say he is a bit pi$$ed off is an understatement
    poor bu99er

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    there is a fix most repairers use of these. It involves changing the poorly designed heatsink and X Clamps.. The X clamps are arch shaped and stress the board and whilst hot cause the SMD resistors and such to start lifting off the board... Remove the X clamps and heatsink.. New thermal compound. Nuts and bolts on the heatsinks instead.. Turn on still red light, towel wrapped around to over heat it once. Solder reflows. turn off cool down.. Turn on all works... Jobs a good un.. Done a cpl of these like this now..
    nice one dean....now can you explain in english
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. radio working, not working, working again
    By J P S in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd February 2012, 00:59
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th November 2011, 12:05
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th November 2011, 22:58
  4. Xbox 360
    By mc_orion in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th June 2009, 11:36

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •