Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Electric Seat Upgrade

As a slightly different mod I've been toying with the idea of upgrading the manual seats in my Signum 2007 to include the electric functions dropped off the Signum in late 2006.

Has anybody else tried or considered doing this?

A little bit of EPC and TIS research and this looks like a go'er.

The Passenger Seat looks fairly straight forward to do excluding the seat back tilt function (change seat harness and seat surrounds, fit motors and buttons). Seat back tilt looks do-able but a bit more complex, so may leave that bit. (Involves dismantling the seat but Leeds Vectra's seat heating mod goes some way towards this). To power them its just connect the +12v feed and thats about it.

Drivers seat is a little more tricky. Appear to be two options, fit the electrics from a LHD so that the memory isn't included and its fairly straight forward as per passenger seat. With the memory option its either fit the DSM and attach it to the CAN-Bus (not easy) or design a simple controller for the seat to store the positions (probably easier than fitting DSM).

It also looks easy enough to fit the seat air con function to the drivers seat (currently not planning to do that bit).

If others are interested I'll try and do a How-2 once finished.

Already have the passenger seat rails and motor - currently getting prices for the other bits.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Blimey, might be an expensive mod? - but good luck!

Just glad I've got electric memory seats on my full leather seats. , I'll shut up now!

Quote Originally Posted by dieselvec1 View Post
    It also looks easy enough to fit the seat air con function to the drivers seat (currently not planning to do that bit).
    Now that bit I would be interested in!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And what progress??? Do you have seats with full memory or only electric functions???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Slowly getting there with this one but its not cheap unless you can get bits off ebay or from a donor car. But it can be done.

I've got the last of the bits to do the passenger seat on order at the moment (may do the upgrade at the weekend). This will give full electric passenger seat as per factory option before they dropped it in 06/07 cars (without memory). Passenger seat appears easy to do, just basically fit the motors, connecting rods, wiring harness and new trim panels. This done the seat requires +12v feed which if its not already on the plug can be taken off the cig lighter feed.

Drivers seat is a bit more tricky. Fitting the non memory parts is easy enough to do as you don't need the CANBUS DSM module. I've got hold of a cheap harness for the Drivers Seat for the DSM module which includes the air con fan options, so I'm probably going to go the memory seat route, including the fans.

I can see a couple of issues to solve. First the Car is unlikely to have the necessary CANBUS connection for the DSM, so I'd have to splice the CANBUS (others on the forum have done this TPMS etc). Second to get the full memory function including the mirrors I'd need to alter the mirror wiring and change the motor units (I've actually got the bits to do this as the folding mirrors I added were actually the memory seat versions which I altered to make them work without the DSM).

However, it dawns on me, if you don't want the mirror memory bit, would the DSM function to control the Drivers seat on its own without the CANBUS connections? If it will, I'll probably opt to do this. (Can't see why it wouldn't work in theory but it may get ****ed that it can talk to the CIM)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

good show on this one You've said you've fitted the wiring loom for the memory seat module for the drivers side.. does this replace the existing wiring loom under the seat or what is already there? havent looked into this yet but would like to add full memory functions for the seats and mirrors..

and whereabout in suffolk are ya.. would be interested to see this

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Will be keeping my eye in this one

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm slightly ahead of myself here, as I haven't actually started changing bits over yet.

I've got the bits to do the passenger seat and the schematics from the TIS to put it all together. So will do this in the next week or so. I'm starting with the passenger seat as it is less complicated, than the drivers seat.

In all cases, the wiring harness needs to be replaced or additional wires added for the motors/switches. For the passenger seat it would be easy to make a new harness for the motors as you only need +12v/gnd to the switch module and wire in the motors. If the power feed isn't already present on the body wiring harness connector under the seat you can connect it up off the cig lighter feed.

I've got the drivers seat wiring harness but haven't changed it over yet. The DSM module connects to the wiring harness on the seat, so the only question is what wires are present in the under seat body harness connector. I will look at his when I do the passenger seat (you need to disconnect the battery before you can remove the seat connector or the airbags may go off).

As in my last post, body harness would need to provide +12v/gnd to the DSM module (on memory seat all motor connections are via DSM unlike passenger seat which are wired direct to the switch). In addition the DSM will need CANBUS connections to talk to the PDM and DDM in order to control the mirrors.

For the mirror memory (and left mirror drop on reverse function) to work, first you need the upper spec DDM/PDM as per folding mirror upgrade. In addition you need to change the mirror glass motor for the 4 pin version with the position sensors, add an extra wire to the internal mirror harness and change the plug which connects to the mirror motor internally. Having done that lot its a tech 2 config issue.

If you can get a pair of electric front seats from scrappy then the passenger seat fit is probably a half hour job. I'm doing it the hard way using a mixture of ebay, dealer and scrappy components and then upgrading the existing seats as my Signum has biege leather and the seats are a little hard to come by.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused Electric seat won't work Signum

Hi guys new to this :s I have got a Signum elegance and have brought some leather seats to
    Put in to replace the cloth ones but as u do I have
    Hit a problem the electric seats won't work the heater and seat recognition works but can't recline or move back and forward iv put all the fuses in place that owners manual suggest I have called my local Vauxhall garage an been told I need a re map or wire change but they wont say as they have never done this?!! is this right please help lol thanks Martin xD

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2004

Yes i think Plasma told me that you need to add a wire to the BCM to make it work.. But dont know if it neede tech2..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok thanks is it just a live wire to be added an being a bit thick what's tech 2 is that the update thanks again

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information