Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Going to Number 10

Iv,e been discussing with some of my old commerades just latley on the current situation in Afghan , This damn stupid pratt of a Pm has no idea , and i mean no idea of what life is like on the front line , in the last couple of days he has decided that he wants to put more of our forces in Helmand , i didnt realise untill the other day we have only 8 yes 8 operational helicopters (heavy lift & casevac), How can our troops survive in theatre like this , not to mention the limited ammo , ill equipped 'snatch ' rovers and lack of body armour.
    A few of us have decided that the lack of over all support in general with uk forces is appaling ( we dont even have a British military hospital anymore), that we are going to go to downing street and give our Service /campaign medals back , i am ashmed that i was given these by the tin pot labour govt , even though i did my bit , when people ask me was i proud to serve for queen an country , i say , no i wasn't , i just got posted there , however i was proud and honoured to serve by those men who were beside me...

So do you think i should return my medals i was given or are we wrong

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

it might perhaps make a statement but you know what the goverment is like, unless it directly effect's there pay-packet's they aint interested in anything
    as for you mate god bless you for serving with the fellow good men to protect us from harm
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very emotive subject mate.

Only thing I can offer is that my Grandad served in the 14th Army in WW II. He went out to India in 1939 and came back in 1945. They were called the Forgotten Army as a result.

He was awarded 14 medals and gave 13 to my Bro. and 1 to me. The Burmah Star.

All I can say is that every now and again I get the medal out and think about the young man who fought for this country and saw many of his comrades killed in the process. I thank god he kept them because it's our link to what he and others went through and I still imagine one sunny day at the end of the war when it was pinned on his tunic.

Keep them mate. Others that follow in your family will thank you for it one day just as me and my Bro. thank our Grandad today.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You should never be ashamed of receiving anything from something like that, even if you serve a day and get a pat on the back or a hand shake it should be remembered, Peoples views on the war differ, some want peace others deal with it,

Write a letter if your that concerned, they do get read and people do get responses just dont give up hope!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Very emotive subject mate.

Only thing I can offer is that my Grandad served in the 14th Army in WW II. He went out to India in 1939 and came back in 1945. They were called the Forgotten Army as a result.

He was awarded 14 medals and gave 13 to my Bro. and 1 to me. The Burmah Star.

All I can say is that every now and again I get the medal out and think about the young man who fought for this country and saw many of his comrades killed in the process. I thank god he kept them because it's our link to what he and others went through and I still imagine one sunny day at the end of the war when it was pinned on his tunic.

Keep them mate. Others that follow in your family will thank you for it one day just as me and my Bro. thank our Grandad today.

Thanks Ste , nice touch there mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    however i was proud and honoured to serve by those men who were beside me...
    Thats what it's all about Steve. Nobody does it for a laugh or for the money. It's all about the people you work with, my unit is ****, but it's made so much better as we just f0ck about all day and have a laugh until we're told to go and do some work. Which there isn't any I might add, but thats OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    So do you think i should return my medals i was given or are we wrong
    Never Steve! Keep them as a reminder of the fallen heroes from before and the future. Medals aren't an award as nothing will ever make up for what happens on Ops, but we wear them to honour those that have not returned to their families and loved ones and remind us of all of those who made it possible for us to be alive today. It does bring a tear to my eye the state of affairs in the Army and the lives that are lost out their and all my thoughts go to the families.

Yet to go on tour, chances are I'll be going in 09 or 10 when I move units and have mixed emotions about it. Don't get me wrong I'm not an infanteer and aint on the front line, but we all play our part and it can happen to anyone.

But Steve NO!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Steve
    Giving your medals back to the ****e government we have will not in any way make a bit of difference to how they do things There not botherd at all. youve rightley earned them as we all to who have served for queen and country in war and peacekeeping and all of us are proud to have done so. all 3 armed services are just puppets on strings and the govt just pull them go hear go there. In my opinion we need to support the troops the best way we can by writing sending parcels to show how we are supporting them back home no matter what we say or do it wont make any difference at all to how the govt does things

Thread Information