Thread: DDD - Dash Dials Dead!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default DDD - Dash Dials Dead!

came out to the car tonight from work, jumped in as normal and pulled away - i noticed the door ajar light was on. So i stopped and checked each door, none were ajar! so i pulled away again, thinking another fault to report at service... then ....."" none of the dash dials were working, no temp guage, no rev counter, no speedo, no fuel, no warning lights, no nothing! oh buggre!

I stopped and started again, but still the same - i managed to get to a dealer but all the techs had left for the night and it was beyond the capability of the masterfit guys! so i took a careful drive home making sure i was going slower than all the other cars throughtthe gazillion speed cameras on the way. (where was my sat nav when i needed it with its GPS speed display)

The red door ajar light stays on all the time now even without the ignition on.

it''ll be covered under warranty but if you guys can shed any light on the problem that would be great...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

you could try disconecting the battery for a wee while and see if that does anything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This happened on my last Vectra and the VX dealer put it down to a 'faulty instrument cluster' I've read from a few people here that it's something else, and tbh it's been quite obvious my local service guys don't know very much......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Never heard of this problem on a Facelift.....
    The fault is probably on the CIM module or a bad electrical connection on the ABS plug.
    Try the ABS plug first by disconnecting and connecting it...making sure all electrical contacts are clean, if no joy....you need a trip to the dealers for a code check and probably a new CIM.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it'll be the CIM, just as my protoge' said.... they fail to 'initialise' and all the instruments run via them..so if the CIM spits it's dummy out you end up with nowt..

the door latch may be connected to the CIM, but it also may be the microswitch in the doorlatch that needs looking at as they will fail, leaving the dooropen telltale on..

either way, it's all well under warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well, i reluctantly went to my local dealer this morning, i asked if they could take a quick look to determine if it was quick fix or a more involved diagnosis required - they said you will have to leave it with us, we can't look at it now as we are fully booked we will try ASAP tho - i looked across workshop which was empty and the techs were supping their tea! car park was pretty empty too! i asked if they were sure someone couldn't just take a quick look ...nope! so i left it with them, i've borrowed the in laws 1.0 's' reg corsa (wow the power!)

3/4 of an hour later i'm driving into work, I get a call..."its all ready for you!" how annoying! any way they claim to have reset the electrics - i asked them to tell me exactly what the diagnosis was and what the cause of the problem is - they couldn't, basically they have disconnected the battery, reconnected and it now works and thats the procedure VX tell them, so thats good enough for them. I have complained that i think they have rectified the symptom but not the cause and i have no confidence this is not going to happen again. They aren't prepared to do any more!

And they had the cheek to tell me the service is due in 3 weeks and proceeded to quote me a ridiculous amount...i've already queried the cost and told them i think they are overservicing, the 2 yr annual service is basically oil & filter and pollen filter at 1.2 hours labour, they are quoting for all the filters & plugs. i don't think they wil be getting my paid custom and for that matter any other warranty work.

any way i'm off now to go and get it...wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Design View Post
    well, i reluctantly went to my local dealer this morning, i asked if they could take a quick look to determine if it was quick fix or a more involved diagnosis required - they said you will have to leave it with us, we can't look at it now as we are fully booked we will try ASAP tho - i looked across workshop which was empty and the techs were supping their tea! car park was pretty empty too! i asked if they were sure someone couldn't just take a quick look ...nope! so i left it with them, i've borrowed the in laws 1.0 's' reg corsa (wow the power!)

3/4 of an hour later i'm driving into work, I get a call..."its all ready for you!" how annoying! any way they claim to have reset the electrics - i asked them to tell me exactly what the diagnosis was and what the cause of the problem is - they couldn't, basically they have disconnected the battery, reconnected and it now works and thats the procedure VX tell them, so thats good enough for them. I have complained that i think they have rectified the symptom but not the cause and i have no confidence this is not going to happen again. They aren't prepared to do any more!

And they had the cheek to tell me the service is due in 3 weeks and proceeded to quote me a ridiculous amount...i've already queried the cost and told them i think they are overservicing, the 2 yr annual service is basically oil & filter and pollen filter at 1.2 hours labour, they are quoting for all the filters & plugs. i don't think they wil be getting my paid custom and for that matter any other warranty work.

any way i'm off now to go and get it...wish me luck!
    Good to see all these people wishing you luck so I will add to the list. Good Luck!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hmm.. typical service advisiors attitude there from that dealer....

hopefully thou it will have reset the ecu's, so lets see if that ends it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Fuel filter and pollen filter at 2nd year.

It is a common fault I'm afraid, I've seen it on mine too; all the dials completely dead, turned it off, checked all the fuses to no avail, then turned it on again... Guess what, all back to normal! I've heard of two other people on the site having same problem and at least one other was a face lift. I've only ever had the problem once though, so hopefully you won't see it again either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad its sorted,just hope it doesn't come back...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information