User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a bit of an 'incident' leaving PVS on Sunday....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Had a bit of an 'incident' leaving PVS on Sunday....

....resulting in Mrs Duncan and Cameron being whisked off in a Santa Pod paramedic ambulance to their Medical Centre!

We were obviously a bit apprehensive about bringing a six week old to PVS and obviously we didn't camp for that reason. On the day, I gotta say, he was absolutely superb - took it all in his stride. As it was hot, we were obviously concerned about that, but we just made sure that he was in the shade/covered when we went for our one walkabout and right up until 4pm when we left he was fine.

As those that were there obviously know, the exiting from Santa Pod was a nightmare to say the least! Complete gridlock and, from what people have said, the marshals doing nothing to actively sort it out. It took us two hours to travel a couple of hundred metres and during all that time he was fine. I had the Climate Control on all the time (Gawd knows how much fuel I used! lol) so the cabin was being kept at a nice cool temperature. He even took a nappy change in the boot in his stride as it was the only place to really do it! lol

Then just after two hours of this he took a bit of a turn for the worse. Got completely beside himself, kept filling his nappy (sorry for those details! lol) and suddenly changed in his appearance - didn't look too clever at all!

We were still going nowhere fast and not a marshal in site! In fact I hadn't seen a single one all the time we'd been queuing. We kept queuing for a bit longer, and moving ever so slowly, and then I finally saw a marshal. So as we got by him I got his attention and explained the situation and asked if there was any way we could get out more quickly - and I was honestly expecting a "Sorry, we can't" kinda thing.

He asked if we needed an ambulance, which I first thought was maybe a bit unnecessary. I just wanted to get out of there - which is what I said to him. He then said that if he got an ambulance we would get out there quicker, so he asked me again if I needed medical assistance. I turned round and looked at Cameron in the back seat and that soon made the decision for me! "Yes, I would - thank you." So he got on his radio and got a paramedic called and got me to pull over out of the queue.

A few minuted later I saw the paramedic arriving in the Santa Pod in-house ambulance - the 4x4 job - as it cut through the queues with the blues and twos going! When they arrived I explained the situation and he opened the back door of the car, took one look at Cameron, turned to me and said "You, back in your car and follow me right behind me. Your wife and son in with me." No arguing with that so off we went.

Whatever complaints anyone had of the marshals, at this point they really sprung into action. Using their radios they held up the queues at different points, the ambulance set off with it's light and sirens going again and it was kinda cool to see the two rows of cars just divide as the ambulance went down the middle and he wasn't hanging around! I was right behind him with somewhat of a mixture of emotions going through me!

Whilst we'd sat waiting, the queues had started to move a good bit quicker, so any of the other guys that were just ahead of us had moved on a bit and probably didn't see this - I certainly don't recall passing any of you

There was one interesting point where a girl in a Corsa either didn't see/hear the large 4x4 (with lights and sirens!) bearing down on her from behind, or just chose to ignore it, and chose that time to overtake a car that was stationery - right into the path of the ambulance! I saw him brake hard and heard him hit the horn and she finally woke up and moved over. I could only imagine the language that went on in the cab and I was right! lol Jane said that the language went very blue in the cab when it happened!

We got to the Medical Centre and by the time I got in they had him on the bed thing and were giving a going over. By this time I was almost tearful! as I didn't know was wrong with him! They took his temperature, took some blood to test his sugar levels, asked a bunch of questions and he slowly started to gain his normal appearance, stopped crying and settled down to how he had been all day basically.

Once they were happy he was okay, we sorted him out, changed him etc. and he looked completely different to how he'd been 15 minutes ago! We still don't know what it was either! We couldn't see how he could have been too warm as the car was always climate controlled, couldn't see how it could be any dehydration as he'd been feeding regularly all day and getting his liquid from that. Maybe it was just too much being in the car for over two hours basically stationary, when ordinarily he'd have had the soothing motion of the movement. I don't know, and it still doesn't explain why he didn't look the way he did - hard to explain, but he didn't look great.

Anyway, they gave him a clean bill of health and said he was absolutely fine and a very healthy baby - so off we went. By this time the queues were moving freely so we got out of Santa Pod quickly, back to the hotel for a relaxing evening.

It was so frustrating that all day he'd been great, took it all in his stride - even the hot day - and it was due to the ridiculous wait to get out that it all simply got too much. From leaving the stand to getting to the medical centre it was about 2.5 hours! From the entrance to Santa Pod we could have almost been back here at home in that time! All I'll say is that I'm soooo glad that we did stay the Sunday night. There's no way I'd have wanted to then drive almost three hours home after that little ordeal!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that m8. As long as he's ok now that's all that matters

Kids, trust me D, you will never stop worrying about them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno........ some people will do anything to jump the queue

bet that give you both a nasty fright, pleased to hear the little fella is ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was right behind you most of the way duncan (sorry did`nt get around to introdcuing myself). saw the nappy change ,very well organised.
    Have to agree though, the exiting was shambollick to say the least.
    sorry to hear about you scary moment and v glad to hear it was just a scare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just as long as he's okay, that's the main thing. the queues have never been THAT bad to get out of the pod, must've been a huge turnout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Duncan... there were rumors of an ambulance flying around but didnt expect it would be anyone from our lot Glad the little'un turned out ok must of been stressed maybe due to all the traffic around him?...

and Harry, there were about 15,000 people there yesterday mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to here little cameron it now ok d

im glad i left when i did about 3.30-3.45 got straight out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear he's ok Duncan, top marks to the marshalls for doing a good job for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad he's ok D, a big relief for you when he recovered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job by the marshall's and glad little one was ok in the end......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information